If we've sailed Navigator and Adventurer, will we love the Explorer

eileen226

Our first two cruise experiences were on the Navigator, and we had a blast. The ship, the service, the food, the sushi! After that my daughter and I did a three nighter on the Majesty, tons of fun, ship a little worn, but hey, it was february and snowing in Jersey, can't complain. Did a glorious cruise on Adventurer this past summer. Loved it. Daughter said best cruise ever. My husband and I loved our ports, people we met and our Grand Suite. Next is a four night for a sweet sixteen in April with four teenage girls, myself and my husband, sure to be memorable. Our decision is for this summer. Do we do a nine day on Explorer (are the seas choppier leaving from New Jersey than the Caribbean, is the ship in good shape, the staff, the shows?) or do we do the Mariner from Florida (would even like to do a back to back, but we'd have to switch cabins and categories and not sure if that is too much of a hassle, as well as the cost of airfare). Any and all opinions are valued. Thanks!

I think I would recommend the Mariner, although not because of the ship. As you get into summer, the weather and seas from NJ tend to be better than say spring (remember the Norwegian Dawn and the 70 ft wave). However, if there is a weather issue, the alternatives for the cruise line are not varied. When you sail from Florida, they can do either Western or Eastern and avoid any weather troubles simply because there are more options. I have sailed Explorer, Adventure and Navigator. You will not be disappointed in the Explorer. It is nearly identical to the Adventure. Adventure is my favorite. The Mariner, on the otherhand, will more closely resemble the Navigator. Ultimately, I do not think your choice will be driven by the ship, but rather by the itinerary and comfort level with the sailing options.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived