An odd question regarding Norwegian Getaway...

Rob32

Are the main indoor eating and drinking bars and restaurants air conditioned? Is it cool indoors on the ship or is it baking hot?

As a pasty Irishman I struggle in the heat so just wondering what I'm going to be like on our Oct 16th honeymoon to Honduras, Belize and Mexico?!

Are the main indoor eating and drinking bars and restaurants air conditioned? Is it cool indoors on the ship or is it baking hot?

As a pasty Irishman I struggle in the heat so just wondering what I'm going to be like on our Oct 16th honeymoon to Honduras, Belize and Mexico?!

Very comfortable indoors. Outdoors it's like a blast furnace (speaking as a fellow pasty person, and I don't have much heat tolerance). You can have a very nice time without having to leave the a/c much at all (although if Flamingo Grill is still operating on deck 16 during your sailing, it's worth grabbing a plate then ducking back into the a/c one deck down to eat).

I also can't say enough good things about the outerwear brand Coolibar--they make sun protective clothing with a SPF/ UPF rating. I bought a white women's hoodie-style jacket for my cruises (to keep from having to coat myself in sunscreen), and it's been a lifesaver at home this summer, where we are having 100F+ temps. (It's actually more comfortable/cooler to wear this jacket than to have the direct sun exposure.)

Oh, and I get the thermal suite pass so I can have lounger/pool/hot tub time--indoors.

Edited by AdoraBelle

Hi Rob32!! We're on the same cruise!! Congrats on your wedding. :)

Thanks everyone! Great that I'll have a bit of comfort!

Feel free to pop over to the most Irish looking fella on the ship, I'll be the one at the bar all of the time!

Thanks tseitel for the good wishes but the marriage hasn't happened yet, still time for herself to get sense!

Be prepared that you will be in very warm and humid ports. You may want to do water based excursions, as opposed to parks, sightseeing, ziplining, etc.

When we were in Honduras we were fine going to a park as we're acclimated but all the people from northern regions were definitely struggling and some looked close to passing out...