Cruising at Christmas

joysephine

For those who have taken a Caribbean cruise at Christmas time, is it really warm enough to enjoy the pools/slides on the ship? I think the ports would be warm enough to enjoy the water, but I wanted to know if the ship itself is warm enough on deck.

My birthday is in December and we have had several cruises at Christmas. The pools are

warm and are quite busy especially when the ship is on a sea day. If you want to spend

a lot at the pool, take a dip early in the morning. Also when a ship is at a port, the pools

may not be very busy. Once in awhile you may get a cool day and the pools will not be busy at the time either. My wife was in the pool more than me and she has always liked it.

Just have a nice time on your cruise.

HOWARD

For those who have taken a Caribbean cruise at Christmas time, is it really warm enough to enjoy the pools/slides on the ship? I think the ports would be warm enough to enjoy the water, but I wanted to know if the ship itself is warm enough on deck.

It can really depend. I've cruised over Christmas and New Years numerous times. The embarkation ports farther south will likely be warmer--like Fort Lauderdale or Miami, or even San Juan. But sometimes New Orleans can be pleasant that time of year--like 60s. The farther south you cruise, like down to Roatan or Aruba or Curacao, the warmer it will be. In my experience, there is more wind in the Caribbean that time of year, so even if it is warm, it may feel cooler. But I have also been in Nassau at Christmas and it was so windy and cool, nobody wanted to be outside. Just like other places, weather in the Caribbean can vary greatly in winter. But I've never cruised that time of year with more than a hoodie--no coats, etc.

Holiday cruising can be so much fun with the ship decorated and everybody in a good mood because of the holidays. And it can be a great family tradition to cruise every Christmas.