Dunn River Falls for Seniors

Cruiser-66

We will be in Ocho Rios in Feb. We would like to see Dunn River Falls, but are not in good enough shape to climb. Is there a place for non-climbers to walk and view without being in the way of others? What would a taxi cost, and what is the cost at the falls? We feel it might be better to do on our own as to do with a group planning to climb. We are a party of four.

There are a few observation platforms to sit or stand at towards the end of the falls. You won't be able to see all of the falls if you are not climbing. There is an entry fee if you climb or not. It is really beautiful there with a lot of shade.

I don't know the cost of a taxi. I think it was a long ride there. If there is a group going it might be better to tag along. We used a private guide which I think is the best way to go because you will be ahead of the huge crowds.

We went back in Feb. Had a great time. I'm in great shape thanks to the Army. But that water fall is tough with the rushing water and slippery rocks. But we a lady in our group with bad knees and she still made it to the top. But I would say to try it. There are areas where you can get out and walk up the rest of the way. My wife had to get out. But we are planning to go back and finish it.

• 4 weeks later...

Once you get off the ship and out past the gates there are taxis waiting . We docked in Ocho Rios and it was a 10 min ride. ( if that)

We ( husband and I) had previously contacted a tour provider and asked to go to the Blue Hole instead where it is much smaller but still fun to jump into the cool water ( with the assistance of one of the very athletic young men there) I remember seeing the 2 lagoons and saying I am not walking on those rocks.

And it was very easy with his help and the fact that they were not slippery.

Look up Blue Hole and you will see the difference. We did stop by and took a peek at the Dunn River Falls through a peep hole in the very long fence that surrounds it.

Also for our day we visited the Green Grotto Caves and then went to a beach and shopping.

Edited by ISLABONITA