Cancel and rebook excursions on board for OBC

roquejo

If you received OBC after you booked an excursion online.

And if the excursion is still avail and it is still more than 24 hours away.

Do Celebrity allow you to cancel your excursion booked online so it will be refunded to your credit card then rebook onboard to use your OBC instead?

Yes - you can do that but just so you know - the same excursion will be priced higher - from $10 - $30 more. I found this out when I did this. Of course if you are using on board credit it may not matter to you but I was surprised. I was told that the pre-booked excursions before boarding are discounted

Yes - you can do that but just so you know - the same excursion will be priced higher - from $10 - $30 more. I found this out when I did this. Of course if you are using on board credit it may not matter to you but I was surprised. I was told that the pre-booked excursions before boarding are discounted

We've had that happen, too. Pricing on the ship was higher. Last cruise I kept all of the pricing information for the excursions pre boarding than compared it to the prices on board. I'd say it was about 50/50 - half of the prices had gone up and half had stayed the same. One actually decreased (guess they wanted to fill the seats). I hadn't realized that they did that until about three cruises ago. Now I only wait to book if I need to use OBC - and I only for the amount needed to cover our credit - any others I book ahead.