Door Decorations on Valor

quest2best

Wondering what door decorations are allowed on our stateroom doors. Are the doors magnetic?

Generally, almost anything is acceptable. Have fun with it. Make it your own. I do the same on every cruise and each time I spend a week at the Ritz.

I don't think the door is metal, but could be wrong. We enjoy decorating our door on cruises. We try to find removable stickers or scenes. I found a nice tropical themed sheet & embellished it for our last cruise. These or painter's type tape do NO damage to the door. That's the only thing that isn't allowed- something that could leave a mess behind. It's an embarkation day ritual for us & a sad final night chore taking it down. Planning the door décor is also a fun way to pass the time while you wait for your cruise.

I don't think the door is metal, but could be wrong. We enjoy decorating our door on cruises. We try to find removable stickers or scenes. I found a nice tropical themed sheet & embellished it for our last cruise. These or painter's type tape do NO damage to the door. That's the only thing that isn't allowed- something that could leave a mess behind. It's an embarkation day ritual for us & a sad final night chore taking it down. Planning the door décor is also a fun way to pass the time while you wait for your cruise.

I hadn't considered painters tape. I will try that next trip. We used a small dab of gorilla glue on the corners and all along the seams of our Norwegian landscape themed panorama. They didn't like it, but I think it was because Norwegian is a competitor. The glue worked great though.

No tape or anything sticky that can be left behind. Everything is supposed to be fire retardant but I have found that is difficult to do. The best thing is to use command strips and we like to create our door decoration and then use a dowel to hang it.

ry%3D480