Solstice tendering in Juneau questions

roquejo

The arrival in Juneau is at 1:30pm but what time they will start tendering the independent guest ashore?

And for anyone who had priority tendering benefit, what time did you reach Juneau?

My issue is I might book an independent excursion that is not being offered by the ship that will leave at 2:30pm.

But I already had booked that small catamaran excursion Tracy Arm excursion are only allowed to drop us at the ship at 2pm.

So it it possible to board the ship at 2pm, run to the opposite site where the tender boats are, with the priority tender benefit, reach Juneau before 2:30pm?

I wouldn't count on it. Our tracy arm excursion was a little late getting back last year. We did not have priority tendering, so hopefully someone else can comment on how fast you can get off. We didn't get ashore until after 3:30 without priority tendering. You also need to account for the time to get from the tender drop off point to your meeting location.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

People who have Celebrity sponsored shore excursions get off of the ship first during the tendering process in Juneau. I was on a shore excursion that left at 2:00; no problems for me getting off in time, but there were still plenty of people waiting in the auditorium for ship sponsored excursions leaving later then me.

I would think you are pushing it close if booking a private shore excursion that is leaving by 2:30.

If you are taking a non ship sponsored excursion, you will need to go to a designated area to pick up a tender ticket even before you can go to the tendering area. If I remember correctly, you can not start to pick up tender tickets until sometime after noon. As you are already on the catamaran excursion you may not be able to get a ticket for as early as you need.

I can also remember staff stating that it can take at least 2 to 3 hours to clear the ship when tenders are being used.

The tendering situation in Juneau is the reason why we booked the Mendenhall Glacier excursion with the cruise line, rather then independently or trying to do it on our own.

We did the catamaran trip from Solstice this June. We were back by 1.30 and were given tender tickets in the morning as we checked in for the catamaran trip with either 1 or 2 on them to use later. The only thing that slowed us down was when we got back to Solstice they tied up a small catamaran next to us which we guessed was the exclusive trip they do and we had to wait whilst the 20 or 30 people from that transited our boat to get back on to Solstice before we were allowed to disembark. They announced they all had trips to catch but I would guess it always happens if there is that exclusive trip by celebrity. Think 2 pm would be a bit tight though depending on the day.

Thanks. I know it would be very tight if you don't have priority tender ticket.

I need to know about the experiences of those who had priority tendering benefit with Solstice in Juneau. Will it really helped in this case?

I've read in some cases, the priority tender tickets will be delivered to your stateroom by the attendant, in other cases, you need to ask for it from your concierge/hostess anytime before the tendering port.

I would have booked via the ship, I preferred it actually due to the OBC given by the GO BETTER promo.. but the problem is the excursion is not available in the ship's tour in all of Celebrity's 3 ships sailing Alaska.

Kind of weird that it is being offered by their sister company Royal Caribbean as I saw it as part of the excursions being offered in Explorer of the Seas sailing almost the same route as Solstice.

Edited by roquejo