What's in the e-docs?

jael001

We sail next week, our cruise is on Monday (8th August) and I'm not able to access my documents. I've had multiple conversations with Celebrity UK (I booked direct) about it and it seems there's been an IT glitch to do with my booking (suprise suprise) and they dont seem to be able to get my documents. I keep being told to be patient, it'll be a few days. Well now I'm sailing in a few days and I've had nothing. What is in the edocs? Can I board/check in without them? I've booked flights booked with them and also have no paperwork for that (other than the itinerary/receipts I got for the booking). I have been emailing back and forth with someone at Celebrity but now it seems she's fobbing me off to someone I spoke to a few weeks ago, but he's not contacted me back. I'm getting really anxious about this all.

You must have received a booking number - i'd call them direct with that info get them to send email with edocs info including your air docs. Have then walk you thru it while on computer . They Need your info to get on ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You must have received a booking number - i'd call them direct with that info get them to send email with edocs info including your air docs. Have then walk you thru it while on computer . They Need your info to get on ship.

That's exactly what I've been trying to do, but they say they can't send them to me because of an IT issue. This has been going on for weeks. At first they said it was because it was more than 28 days out but now it's only a few days and they still seem to be unable to send me the documentation.

I totally understand your anxiety.

The edocs mostly include a lot of legal jargon and the like. They do mention anything you might have prebooked, but you don't really need them to board the ship. I usually only print out a few pages. They also include a printable version of luggage tags with your cabin number. However, you can get luggage tags at the cruise terminal that they will write your cabin number on. Many posters on CC say they do this all the time, although I never have.

You should have been able to print your Xpress pass without having the edocs. (Even though some people board without an Xpress Pass) I have never had to use any Edocs on any cruise, but I always take the Xpress Pass.

If I were you, I would take a copy of your reservation, confirmation of final payment, and confirmation of anything you might have prebooked (shore excursions, etc).

Have a great cruise.

Did you ever fill out the necessary info re passport numbers, addresses , etc in their web site? If you did it should not be a big problem getting on ship - they should have your name. Not sure about air tickets unless you have flight info previously furnished to you. You can contact airline to get ticket confirmation. Luggage tags can be obtained from porter at pier. Good luck.

I've done the online check-in but that's it. I have my flight numbers but that's all. I will try to contact the airline tomorrow but dont have a separate reservation number for the flights.

According to the paperwork I do have, the XpressPass is only available once the edocs have been released. So frustrating.

Wow. That has never happened to us (although we are in the US, not the UK). I have always been able to get the Xpress Pass once I completed the online checkin. I have done this months before the cruise date (in fact, I have one now for a November cruise). I wish I knew something better to tell you. Are you able to see your reservation on the Celebrity website?

Normally our edocs show a lot of information, this time nothing is listed. It has our name and stateroom number, boarding time and luggage tags. In the past it would show our OBC, beverage package, excursions booked, dining etc. this time there's nothing. I have received emails in regards to some of our concerns, ie: our OBC should be $900 each stateroom, but online it's showing either $600 or $300. I am making sure to bring all our supporting documents/emails but I am expecting to be spending some time confirming our perks and excursions once onboard. It is very frustrating that we don't have everything finalized and confirmed (or at least the confidence that it is all ok)

Wow. That has never happened to us (although we are in the US, not the UK). I have always been able to get the Xpress Pass once I completed the online checkin. I have done this months before the cruise date (in fact, I have one now for a November cruise). I wish I knew something better to tell you. Are you able to see your reservation on the Celebrity website?

Yes I can see the reservation, but part of the glitch that has happened is that it shows a balance outstanding. I've had it confirmed to me several times that there is no balance outstanding and it's just a glitch in their system. I paid in full several weeks before the due date. It's this glitch that is the reason that I can't access my documents and they can't either apparently. For months the online system was showing incorrect amounts, including simply not adding up the various parts of the booking correctly and having a weird total that they couldn't seem to understand. I kept being assured that all was fine though.

Yes I can see the reservation, but part of the glitch that has happened is that it shows a balance outstanding. I've had it confirmed to me several times that there is no balance outstanding and it's just a glitch in their system. I paid in full several weeks before the due date. It's this glitch that is the reason that I can't access my documents and they can't either apparently. For months the online system was showing incorrect amounts, including simply not adding up the various parts of the booking correctly and having a weird total that they couldn't seem to understand. I kept being assured that all was fine though.

I have read on several threads about problems with final payment when cruisers pay directly to Celebrity (no TA). How absurd that they can't resolve this and worrying for passengers to have this hanging over their heads before a cruise. Wishing you the best!

Normally our edocs show a lot of information, this time nothing is listed. It has our name and stateroom number, boarding time and luggage tags. In the past it would show our OBC, beverage package, excursions booked, dining etc. this time there's nothing. I have received emails in regards to some of our concerns, ie: our OBC should be $900 each stateroom, but online it's showing either $600 or $300. I am making sure to bring all our supporting documents/emails but I am expecting to be spending some time confirming our perks and excursions once onboard. It is very frustrating that we don't have everything finalized and confirmed (or at least the confidence that it is all ok)

That doesn't sound good, it should really include everything. I've printed off the most recent emails I've had up to now that show the OBC I bought, the excursions I've booked and my invoices showing I've paid in full. I looked online at the airline's website and tried using the codes listed as "Flight Booking References" from one of the emails I have from Celebrity but it's saying the codes are not valid.

I have read on several threads about problems with final payment when cruisers pay directly to Celebrity (no TA). How absurd that they can't resolve this and worrying for passengers to have this hanging over their heads before a cruise. Wishing you the best!

Thanks.

I did think that booking direct would be the simplest option as I've used a UK TA in the past when we've sailed Royal Caribbean and the lady I dealt with there was pretty useless. It seems like I can't win :(

That doesn't sound good, it should really include everything. I've printed off the most recent emails I've had up to now that show the OBC I bought, the excursions I've booked and my invoices showing I've paid in full. I looked online at the airline's website and tried using the codes listed as "Flight Booking References" from one of the emails I have from Celebrity but it's saying the codes are not valid.

I assume your air is booked through Choice Air? We have only booked with then once, but we had a record locator for the airline that was different from the Choice Air booking number.

Thanks.

I did think that booking direct would be the simplest option as I've used a UK TA in the past when we've sailed Royal Caribbean and the lady I dealt with there was pretty useless. It seems like I can't win :(

Yes, I would have thought booking direct would have fewer issues.

I assume your air is booked through Choice Air? We have only booked with then once, but we had a record locator for the airline that was different from the Choice Air booking number.

I honestly have no idea. I didn't use their prefererred airline as I wanted to go from my local airport, my flight is with Monarch which I think it one of the low cost airlines. There's no mention of Choice Air on any of my paperwork.

The only thing I know is that whenever I call Celebrity up I get transferred to "Travelbox" but I don't know who or what Travelbox is and the last time I called I was on hold for 30 minutes (on a premium rate number) waiting to be connected to them and eventually I had to hang up as I had to be somewhere. They don't offer a direct number or a freephone number. It's costing me a fortune.

I honestly have no idea. I didn't use their prefererred airline as I wanted to go from my local airport, my flight is with Monarch which I think it one of the low cost airlines. There's no mention of Choice Air on any of my paperwork.

The only thing I know is that whenever I call Celebrity up I get transferred to "Travelbox" but I don't know who or what Travelbox is and the last time I called I was on hold for 30 minutes (on a premium rate number) waiting to be connected to them and eventually I had to hang up as I had to be somewhere. They don't offer a direct number or a freephone number. It's costing me a fortune.

:( I hope Celebrity makes it right for you!

If you want to phone Celebrity in the UK don't use the premium number. Phone them on 01932 834300 which is a normal local number.

If you want to phone Celebrity in the UK don't use the premium number. Phone them on 01932 834300 which is a normal local number.

Thanks for that. I've never seen that number published before. I will give them a call tomorrow (again).

We sail next week, our cruise is on Monday (8th August) and I'm not able to access my documents. I've had multiple conversations with Celebrity UK (I booked direct) about it and it seems there's been an IT glitch to do with my booking (suprise suprise) and they dont seem to be able to get my documents. I keep being told to be patient, it'll be a few days. Well now I'm sailing in a few days and I've had nothing. What is in the edocs? Can I board/check in without them? I've booked flights booked with them and also have no paperwork for that (other than the itinerary/receipts I got for the booking). I have been emailing back and forth with someone at Celebrity but now it seems she's fobbing me off to someone I spoke to a few weeks ago, but he's not contacted me back. I'm getting really anxious about this all.

I don't know if this will help you or not, but I had an issue where I couldn't print my Xpress pass for last week's cruise. I went to the terminal with the edocs and they didn't even want to look at them. They only asked for the Xpress pass and when I explained that I didn't have it they only wanted to know if I had the reservation number. Once I gave that number everything proceeded promptly and without a problem. So I think based on my experience you should be able to board without the edocs, provided they can pull up your account at the terminal.

My edocs actually had only one page of specific information: names, reservation number, ship name, boarding date, stateroom number, dining time and boarding time. They did not include beverage plans, special requirements, onboard credit, excursions or any other info. The only item of importance in the edocs for boarding is the reservation number.

Hope you get it straightened out before you leave.

It would appear that the printing of Express passes is not unique to you guys because we cant print ours either. Looks like another website glitch for Celebrity.

As we downunder cant get luggage tags delivered the only benefit of the E Docs IMO are the luggage tag printouts

I've had an email this morning from the guy I was dealing with previously. According to him he's requested my documents to be sent by the system 3 times but has has been "assured" by his team that it's a technical issue that is stopping them being sent. Not very reasssuring. He's requested them again and says I should have them within 24 hours. That's what he told me several weeks ago too. I have no confidence that it will work this time when it didn't the previous times. I've also asked him for information on my flights since I have no documentation for those other than the invoice shows I've paid Celebrity for them and the flight numbers and times. I'm so incredibly frustrated with this entire process.

Hi, I'm from the uk. We usually fly with Monarch ( through. Celebrity) when we fly to the med. There's usually a celebrity rep at the airport ( who crosses your name off their list) and monarch only require your passport. Your e-docs will contain a couple of transfer slips. One for the transport from the airport to the ship, and the other for the return journey. However there will be a rep at the destination airport, and they should be able to sort you out with this and any luggage tags you need. Hope this helps and reduces your anxiety levels a bit. Have a wonderful time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app