GEM - Sailed 23 - 30 July, Balcony Room (BX) 9166.. Any questions...?

chisox021

did you make it to GSC, or were the seas too choppy..

also what time did you get into port Canaveral--- we are going to sea world and it closes at six, so with the travel time of 1 hour i was hoping to get more than 4 hours there- thx

did you make it to GSC, or were the seas too choppy..

also what time did you get into port Canaveral--- we are going to sea world and it closes at six, so with the travel time of 1 hour i was hoping to get more than 4 hours there- thx

Hi, yes... This was our third time, and we finally made it to GSC... Awesome time!! One recommendation.. Get in line to get an early tender ticket, or you will be waiting a long time and won't make it to the island until 1pm or so, and you'll be SOL on a good spot on the beach.. also, bring a water bottle with you because they only have those small cups for drinks at the BBQ. It's a bit of a crazy process to debark the ship, but when you have 2k+ people trying to get off, it is what it is.. Also, the earlier you get on the lsland, the better chance you'll have to get a good spot on the beach, and get a clam shade thingy.. If it's sunny and hot, you'll definately want that!!

We got into Port Canaveral approx 11am or so, but that time can and will depend on how fast you're going, the weather, etc.. I don't know if we would have arrived any earlier due to the USCG event, as we were crawling during the event. The good thing tho, leaving the ship there is very smooth as not too many people, that I've seen, leave.

Hope this helps and happpy sailing!

yes. this helps a lot--thanks-- one more question-- we are on our own at Nassau-- i read some posts about the "bridge" getting back to the port as being very crowded.. will be at atlantis..not sure if you went there or not? what time should we leave in order to be back to the ship-- i believe that all aboard is 5:30--thx

yes. this helps a lot--thanks-- one more question-- we are on our own at Nassau-- i read some posts about the "bridge" getting back to the port as being very crowded.. will be at atlantis..not sure if you went there or not? what time should we leave in order to be back to the ship-- i believe that all aboard is 5:30--thx

You're welcome!

Hmmm.. I know the bridge you're talking about, and it's not that far away, as you can actually see it from the ship. The other two times we were there and went to Atlantis, we stayed the night in Nassau (because of not going to the GSC), and the cab took 20-25 mins to get there and back... But I've seen the cab driver wait until he has a full load before he'll head back to the port, and not just take a couple people - and the time we've left to get back was 11pm or so.... So, I'm sorry I can't answer that question for you and don't want to give you bad info.... We've already seen the "Lady who missed the ship" video on Youtube.... But, if I didn't know, if you leave at 4pm to get back, I don't see an issue. You really have to plan for the unexpected, ya know?

We were on the 7/2/16 sailing and made it to GSC. Best advice is to book a clamshell on the ship as soon as you can. You get tender tickets with the booking. We were on GSC by the third tender and had our pick of clamshells on Baccardi beach. It was well worth the $30!

The worst thing about GSC is the line to get a tender BACK to the ship. Standing in the blazing sun on the endless line is no fun. I like to go there later around 1:00 and then stay until the last tender. No lines either way:)

We sail on Saturday and this time everyone wants to go early to GSC. What is the best time to head back to the ship to avoid long lines.

The worst thing about GSC is the line to get a tender BACK to the ship. Standing in the blazing sun on the endless line is no fun. I like to go there later around 1:00 and then stay until the last tender. No lines either way:)

We sail on Saturday and this time everyone wants to go early to GSC. What is the best time to head back to the ship to avoid long lines.

I hear ya... Because we didn't get there until the afternoon on tender #27, we spent about 4ish hours there.. We actually got lucky (not really) and got on the tender first and didn't have to wait in line at all, about 4:30/4:45 or so, when we wanted to leave.. But then we sat and waited... and waited.... and waited for it to be filled to the brim with people, which seemed like it took forever to fill up, so I guess it's pick your poison. Then when you get back to the ship, they let the top level off first, so then you're also waiting FOREVER if you got on the tender first, for everyone to get back on the ship and go thru the security, so the entire process, you may age a few years because it just takes waaaaaaaaay to long to get on the ship from the time you board the tender on the island, if you leave in prime time. But again, it'll all depend on how many people are trying to get off the GSC at the time you decide to leave, as it seems they won't leave without a full tender during the peak times, so if you don't feel like waiting on the tender or in line, your best bet is to wait until the last tenders are leaving. Sorry that I can't be more of help on that one, but this is what I saw and experienced.