Conquest - Guarantee Rooms

BNBR

Can't say I find fault with your way of thinking. Sad I won't get to meet you guys but I'm sure you'll have a great time. Maybe think about Vista or the Magic if you're looking for more amenities.

Funny enough, we are sitting and talking about it and thinking Glory might be the way to go. The boys can be in the same daycare together which is nice and we prefer 4 stops vs 3, and we prefer the stops Glory is making.

We just did Oasis, and Allure is the same thing. As amazing as the ship is, it's the same thing we jut did! So we are thinking it might be more interesting to try something new. Ultimately, the cost is somewhat trivial for us, but I certainly appreciate a deal!

Outside of the actual Camp Ocean on Glory, is there ANYTHING for young kids to do, play on, etc? They will be 2 and almost 4.

Funny enough, we are sitting and talking about it and thinking Glory might be the way to go. The boys can be in the same daycare together which is nice and we prefer 4 stops vs 3, and we prefer the stops Glory is making.

We just did Oasis, and Allure is the same thing. As amazing as the ship is, it's the same thing we jut did! So we are thinking it might be more interesting to try something new. Ultimately, the cost is somewhat trivial for us, but I certainly appreciate a deal!

Outside of the actual Camp Ocean on Glory, is there ANYTHING for young kids to do, play on, etc? They will be 2 and almost 4.

If they are potty trained and don't wear a swim diaper they can go in the pools. They are nice in the fact that there is a wide ledge around the inside of the pool that they can stand on and splash around without having to actually get in.

Cabin 2308 is the only 4 person non connecting cabin left. It's also in a good spot - under the Golden Dining Room from what I can tell which is carpeted. It might be under the little dining room off to the front, though. I'll have to check a different website to see for sure. Although I would take my chances with that room vs a connecting cabin if I could help it. If you're really thinking about going, put a free 24 hour hold on it until you make up your mind.

You can do that by going through the booking process and then when it gets to the payment part, click the Carnival icon in the top left portion and it will ask you if you're sure and if you want to hold it for free.Put the hold on and email me tomorrow and I'll tell you how to complete the rest ;)

Edited by firemanbobswife

2308 is just forward of the Copper Card Room under a blank space which could be anything like a closet, or an office. I honestly don't know what is there but I wouldn't think it would be too bad. You have to be careful of the Galley with a cabin on Deck 2 as it's on 3 and it's not above you in this cabin so I would do it.

My main reason for looking at Carnival is the kids programs. Can you guys confirm it's ages 2 - 5 in a single group, no gotchas? Are there any extra fees? Royal Caribbean splits my 2 year old into a toddlers room and charges quite a bit for it. I like the idea of my 2 and 4 year old being together.

You are correct - 2-5 year olds are in the same group. 6-8 is the next group, then 9-11, and so on. Your 2 and 4 year olds would be together. Note that if they aren't potty trained you will have to go to change diapers, etc.

Carnival is known for being flexible with age ranges to keep siblings together, as long as they are too far apart. Our son (age 5) loves Camp Ocean, and he's looking forward to his next two cruises. Good luck.

I saw quite a few cabins available. I'm leaning towards just doing a higher deck balcony, of which there were plenty. Any "gotchas" on these firemanbobswife?

Crossing my fingers that we find out today and can book. If we do go, we have decided it will be this Glory trip :) Ready for something a little different and the camp ocean with the boys together is a big deal for us.

Our 2 year old is not potty trained, so pool is out for him. We don't care much for the regular cruise pools though I will use them sometimes. It's not a big deal. I may take the older one swimming, we'll see. Do you know anything about height restrictions on the water slide? Can I ride down with him on my lap like we often do on slides? Good to know about having to go change them ourselves. After reading, it seems only 3+ children you have to go change yourself. The Carnival site says the 2 year old will be fine and they will change him accordingly.

Edited by BNBR

I haven't had a chance to check out the balconies yet to see what's left. The forward cabins will be closer to the kids area so that's something to consider. Be aware that the balcony doors do not slide like RC/Celebrity. They are regular doors and you may get an inconsiderate neighbor or 2 that likes to "let er rip" shaking your whole cabin wall. That's a deal breaker for me so I don't do balconies anymore. But it might not matter to you. Just thought I would put that out there.

I don't know if you can take the kids down on the slides. I've never asked about that.

I haven't had a chance to check out the balconies yet to see what's left. The forward cabins will be closer to the kids area so that's something to consider. Be aware that the balcony doors do not slide like RC/Celebrity. They are regular doors and you may get an inconsiderate neighbor or 2 that likes to "let er rip" shaking your whole cabin wall. That's a deal breaker for me so I don't do balconies anymore. But it might not matter to you. Just thought I would put that out there.

I don't know if you can take the kids down on the slides. I've never asked about that.

The balcony is nice when it's late evening and the kids are asleep. Can't go out and do stuff, confined to the room. It's better than sitting on the chair or bed in the room. So we'll grab drinks and sit on the balcony. Hopefully there is a bar close by the room :)

The balcony is nice when it's late evening and the kids are asleep. Can't go out and do stuff, confined to the room. It's better than sitting on the chair or bed in the room. So we'll grab drinks and sit on the balcony. Hopefully there is a bar close by the room :)

Yeah. I posted a pic of a balcony on our roll call if you're interested.

Let me see what balconies are open. Are any of you prone to sea sickness?

Deck 7 midship has a decent selection. You would be in a good spot with cabins above and below you. The aft pool bar which is by the Pizza Pirate and open late and then the Lido bars are mid/forward. Red Frog is the one open the latest in that section - I think. I would have to check my FunTimes

Is this a bouncy ship? Not prone to sea sickness but I guess could.... last cruise you couldn't even tell it was moving.

Are you thinking to avoid front, high deck? Deck 7 mid is better you think?

Is this a bouncy ship? Not prone to sea sickness but I guess could.... last cruise you couldn't even tell it was moving.

Are you thinking to avoid front, high deck? Deck 7 mid is better you think?

We loved being on Lido, but deck 7 is prime real estate. That is where the suites are. We have been on 7 twice as well. I wouldn't say it's a "bouncy" ship, but it's not as large as the Oasis Class for sure and there have been times when the weather was rough. I was in the salon up on 11 once and even the ladies working up there were green. I have had my things that were on the bathroom shelves end up in the sink overnight. You just never know being Hurricane Season and all. But I think you will be happy with either location.

We were in 9268 and 9270 and I was getting upset when I tried to go to bed early because the music from the atrium would come up by the elevators and they didn't stop until around midnight. But It was nice to be able to walk out on Lido and be right there for a lot of things.

Sooooooo... Looks like we are good to go. Glory 10/15! If you wouldn't mind recommending a couple balcony options, I'll probably get it booked this evening.

I do like to have a bar close by the room. It's a smaller boat so I'm not terribly concerned about being close to anything... Other than a bar!

Sooooooo... Looks like we are good to go. Glory 10/15! If you wouldn't mind recommending a couple balcony options, I'll probably get it booked this evening.

I do like to have a bar close by the room. It's a smaller boat so I'm not terribly concerned about being close to anything... Other than a bar!

Aft might be good as well then. Let me see what I can come up with. When the boys were little we had 7389 twice and liked it but it was a loooonnngggg walk each night to collect the kids from "Kids World" as they called it. So if you don't mind the walk, I'll look aft as well. Shoot me over an email so we can give this thread a rest [emoji4]

we had a GTY balcony on the conquest Jan 2016. about 30 days out, we were assigned cabin 9212! port side and very forward, but we LOVED the location. we had three people and the cabin had a sleeper sofa. it was left as a bed all day (as opposed to it being changed during the day/evening). we didn't make a big deal of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app