Table for 2?

We are going on the Explorer Of The Seas 22-Sep-06. I booked my vacation online and was wondering if it were possible to get a table of 2. My husband and I really enjoy private dinners.

Also, are there any advantages to having the main seating over the late seating. I would prefer to eat later but I wouldnt want to miss anything. What time do the shows start?

There are no guarantees of what size table you will get until you actually get on board. That being said, if you booked directly through RCI, call them up and request a table for 2. They'll put the request on your reservation so it is noted. Then when you get to the ship, go look at your table number to see if you have been given a table for 2. If not, go see the Maitre D to request a change.

As to dining times, it is all personal preference which one is better. They will have shows for both seatings so don't worry about missing anything by taking late seating. I prefer late because it gives me time to get back from an excursion, maybe take a nap, get up, take my time getting dressed, see the sunset, get a predinner cocktail etc. The later dining time on the ship is generally closer to the time I eat at home. Also, late seating tends to have less kids than early seating which can matter for some people.

Other people like the early seating because it is closer to when they eat at home, they don't go to bed full, they have more time after dinner to explore the ship, etc.

One other thing, if you like private dinners, you may want to pay the surcharge and go to Portofino's one night of your cruise.

All I can say is "Good Luck" when requesting a Table for 2. Cruiseline will never guarantee you one. We have purchased cruises a year in advance and still have gone to the dining room to find We were put at a large table not even a smaller size table. Just got off Voyager in Sept. and put at table for 6. Saw Maitre"d and no dice. None to be had. So again, after 49 cruises didnot get our table for 2. We prefer late seating as you have time to take a rest before dinner especially if you go on an afternoon tour or at the beach all day. You don't have to rush to get ready for dinner as soon as you get back onboard.

Archived