Booking on board

AndiandMike

We just booked on the Star Princess. Last year when we were on the Golden we decided to book for another cruise. It cost us a $100 per person advance. There are a couple of advantages to doing this. 1. You have up to 4 years to take your cruise. 2. You get a break on making your deposit when you do book (you don't have to pay the full fee until 70 days before the cruise). We only had to pay an additional $100 to hold our reservation instead of 1/2 of the total per person. 3. You get onboard credits for your next cruise. The credit depends on the length of the cruise and type of accomodation. We are on a 7 day and booked an outside cabin so we received $50 per person. This credit can be used with special promotions. I am not sure about the flexibility of changing once you have booked. I asked the TA and he said that if you cancelled 70 days before it would be a normal refund but 70 days after would be between me and Princess. I hope this helps! Others may have more advantages besides these.

Happy Sailing,

Linda

Linda said it all. Also another advantage is that you do not have to have a date set. It is called open booking and like Linda said you have 4 years to use it. I think it is the best of both worlds; you pay only 100 pp and get shipboard credit. What a deal. When I was on our cruise in February on the Panama Canal we put down 100pp. We then decided to take another cruise in Oct. All I had to do was tell our TA that we had an open booking and she took care of it; called princess and it was done. Hope this helps.

Marilyn

P.S. When I go on my cruise in Oct. I will put down another deposit for a future cruise. icon_biggrin.gif

Linda and Marilyn are right, it's the way to go!

We did it on our Golden cruise and I'll add even one more thing to the list that I didn't realize until weeks later.

I think booking onboard, even if you don't have a specific cruise in mind and go for the future cruise credit helps enormouslywith the post-cruise depression that can sink in even before you leave the ship.

I know it did for me.

Always a serious problem before, we had a fabulous cruise on the Golden and NO post-cruise depression in no small way because of booking another one onboard.

I've always thought that the best remedy for PCD when I got home was to book another one right away and that DID help but nothing like booking onboard did.

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

IT'S BACK,

This topic wore me out last time, but at the risk of doing it all again...

You can hold an open booking with ONLY $100, you don't need to put two names on it, and when you actually pick a cruise you put ONLY $100 more on for the second person, We booked two open cruises for $200 last cruise, have used them both (within a week) and now need more opens. Which we will be making in 7 SEVEN days!!! Woo hoo. We sail again on the 22nd.

Life is at it's best when your address floats

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>We booked two open cruises for $200 last cruise, have used them both (within a week) and now need more opens.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> We did the same in addition to 2 bookings SO... next time (Sept.) will make 2 bookings and 4 open bookings (Just had to put out $900 deposit and it almost killed me! but wanted the cruise and the rate so couldn't wait.)

Future cruises:

5/04 HAL-Amsterdam-Alaska

9/04 Star Princess-Med.x2 Venice to Barcelona/ Barcelona to Rome

11/04 Dawn Princess-Southern Caribbean

Jan. 05 Diamond Princess-Mexican Riviera

July 05 Star Princess-Baltics

Aug. 05 Star Princess-Baltics

Past cruises:

04 Dawn Princess- Southern Caribbean x2

03 Grand Princess-W.Caribbean

03 Sun Princess -Mexico

03-Tahitian Princess-Tahiti/ Cook Islands

03 Royal Princess-x2 British Isles & Norwegian Fjords/ Iceland

03 Island Princess-Panama Canal

01 HAL Ryndam x 2-S. America San Diego to Valpariso/ & around Cape Horn to Rio

00 Sky Princess-China/Orient

79 Sitmar's Fairwind- Caribbean/Panama Canal

If you book on board with a destination, you would know the cabin rate, correct? I assume that would lock it in for no higher that that. But if you book at an open booking when is the cabin rate set for? If this question makes sense to someone, I'd love an answer.

until we sail away....Panama Canal

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;4;27;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

If you book on board, they will quote you a rate, and it is also transferable to a TA if you wish to realize the discounts that can bring about.

An open is an open, no date, no ship, no price.

Life is at it's best when your address floats

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97