Accessible transportation in St Thomas

orkaren

We are a group of 5 adults and 2 children who will be stopping in St Thomas this November. We would like to go to Coral World and Coki beach accessible transportation for one of the members of the group, but are having trouble finding accessible transportation that can take us all. Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions, information about accessible transportation on St Thomas?

I have contacted several different transportation companies but can't find anything that can accommodate us. The only option I can think of right now is to try and take 2 taxis and hopefully the wheelchair or scooter (whichever we use that day) can fold up and fit in the trunk.

Does anyone out there have any experience or suggestions for me? Thanks!

When we went to Coral World, we took one of the safari type vehicles from the port. No reservations. The driver was able to fit the scooters in the back. We came back in a different vehicle and that driver also found a spot for the scooters. Both vehicles picked up a number of people and dropped everyone off at their requested stop.

That was many years ago and I do not remember what we paid, only that we thought it was reasonable.

I realize that this does not guarantee you will have transportation when you arrive. If you search for “Acessible St. Thomas” I'm sure you will find something that will meet your needs that you can book in advance.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to remember if you needed to climb stairs to get into the vehicle? My husband cannot do stairs but my son and son-in-law could probably carry him onto the vehicle.

Yes, there was a couple steps. My companion cannot do steps and she is fairly small so the drivers just picked her up and put her in. Do a search for safari vehicle St. Thomas and some pictures should come up. I do not recall the one having a roof. It sort of reminded me of an old flat bed farm wagon with benches. It got us back to the ship.

Coral World is accessible and a lot more was accessible than other places we have been. We got to almost everything. If the kids (or adults) enjoy water, the diver looked interesting. They put a diver's suit and helmet on and go into the water.

Have a wonderful trip,

Betty

Yes, there was a couple steps. My companion cannot do steps and she is fairly small so the drivers just picked her up and put her in. Do a search for safari vehicle St. Thomas and some pictures should come up. I do not recall the one having a roof. It sort of reminded me of an old flat bed farm wagon with benches. It got us back to the ship.

Coral World is accessible and a lot more was accessible than other places we have been. We got to almost everything. If the kids (or adults) enjoy water, the diver looked interesting. They put a diver's suit and helmet on and go into the water.

Have a wonderful trip,

Betty

Helpful for me. Thanks.