What time can we board the ship??

a1moty

I need some advice on flight times---

We're flying into San Diego--What are the earliest and latest times we can board that first day--how much time should we allow?

And as long as I am asking---

when would be the earliest time to fly out on the last day? I realize that

it is probably more than just getting to and from the airport---

We are not familiar with how much time to allow.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

When you can board depends on what cruise line and ship you are on. It should be in the information you receive with your tickets.

The airport in San Diego is less than 5 miles from the cruise ship terminal. However I would not plan a return flight before 11:00 since the ship could be delayed or it might be a while before it is cleared to allow passenger off. If you have not been to San Diego there is a lot to see close to the cruise ship terminal.

So, you aren't a mind reader huh!? Sorry about the lack of information.

We are on Celebrity Mercury on Feb. 24. I realize the information will be in the docs they send one-two weeks before the cruise, however, I am arranging my own air fare and need to get flights before the last two weeks.

Thanks for the advice about the return tickets---I would love to stay another couple of days and visit San Diego but we have to be back the next day.

So, you aren't a mind reader huh!? Sorry about the lack of information.

We are on Celebrity Mercury on Feb. 24. I realize the information will be in the docs they send one-two weeks before the cruise, however, I am arranging my own air fare and need to get flights before the last two weeks.

Thanks for the advice about the return tickets---I would love to stay another couple of days and visit San Diego but we have to be back the next day.

From the Celebrity web site -

How early do I need to arrive? Subject: Embarkation/Disembarkation Procedures Boarding begins 3 hours before departure sailing time. Please check with your travel agent to confirm boarding and departure times.

When can I board the ship? Subject: Embarkation/Disembarkation Procedures The guest may begin boarding the ship at 11:00 A.M. It is their responsibility to arrive on time. The latest a guest can board the ship is 60 minutes before departure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I believe you have a 5 PM sailing time for Feb 24th. I would say you can arrive some time between 11 AM and 2 PM but no later than 4 PM. My last cruise had boarding scheduled to start at 2 PM but we (and about 100+ others) arrived at 11 AM and were aboard within an hour.

Enjoy!

Archived