Cancelled due to operational reasons?

blondee419

I am glad you are doing this--you won't regret it. We have a friend of the family buried there, and that is why we initially went. We didn't know what to expect, but it is a beautiful spot, and a true honor to those who have served. If you are planning to bring any mementos or flowers, be sure to check Punchbowl's website first. There are strict guidelines on what can be left at the graves, being a national cemetery.

I went to the Punchbowl when I was in Hawaii. I will never forget it the grounds are immaculate. We went to the site of Ernie Pyle the famous war correspondent

President Truman said " No man in this war has so well told the story of the American fighting man as American fighting men wanted it told... He deserves the gratitude of all his countrymen".

Tony

Most rental cars have a scan label on the side window. Hello Rental Agencies....nothing like advertising that this is a tourist car! Sometimes out of sight is safer than in the back seat, but still. Do not leave valuables in the car...

I always travel light when I am off the ship with a rental car for that reason. I bring no more than I can carry with me easily :).