W Miami hotel

Lmoore31

Hi, I am staying at this hotel pre-cruise in Oct. I know that the pool may or may not be open but fingers crossed as it still appears to be. My question is about dining and shopping nearby. I believe that Mary Brickell Village is in walking distance. Can anyone verify this? Is it a safe area to walk around? Also if we wanted to go to Bayshore how far is that? It looks like a trolley stop is very close to the hotel. Is this a good way to get there and back? How long will it take and is it safe? Thank you for your answer.

Hi, I am staying at this hotel pre-cruise in Oct. I know that the pool may or may not be open but fingers crossed as it still appears to be. My question is about dining and shopping nearby. I believe that Mary Brickell Village is in walking distance. Can anyone verify this? Is it a safe area to walk around? Also if we wanted to go to Bayshore how far is that? It looks like a trolley stop is very close to the hotel. Is this a good way to get there and back? How long will it take and is it safe? Thank you for your answer.

The W Hotel is the former Viceroy. And it's definitely walkable to Mary Brickell Village. If it's hot, you can also walk up the street and take the free metro mover 2 stops from 5th to 10th.

I would assume you mean Bayside not Bayshore. You can also walk to Bayside or grab the Metromover to there as well. There is also a trolley stop nearby that will take you there.

I have a few friends who live at Icon Brickell which is the same buildings and it's safe to walk around. You will see many people walking around. I live further down on Brickell.

Unfortunately, I don't believe the main pool will be open. The special assessments to the owners start October 1st so the pool will be closed by then. However, the pool up on the 50th floor will be open to use.

Edited by cjskids