All Aboard Times When Tendering

Cruisin'cockney

Am I right in thinking that when tendering the all aboard time relates to the last tender leaving the docks rather than arriving back at the ship?

I am on the Pearl calling at Cabo in October and have a private fishing tour which arrives back at the docks at 4.45 with a ship sailaway at 6. I need to make my way back to the tender station before travelling back and figure that the last tender will leave the docks at 5.30 which gives me a 45 minute buffer. If, however, the all aboard is for actually arriving on ship then the final tender will lave earlier and I assume about 10 minutes by tender to ship which means final tender at 5.20!

Does that sound enough of a buffer? I need to factor in 15 mins travelling time from the charter boat to the tender station but if running late I can ask the tour provider to just drop us near to the tender to save time.

Thoughts?

At tender ports, your Daily will not have an "All Aboard" time. It will say "Last Tender" time, and it is usually 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time. So you are probably right, you just have to be at the tender pier by 5:30pm. But as always, it's a good idea not to cut it too close!

Hopefully someone with recent experience will confirm this for you specifically for Cabo.

You don't need to worry about all aboard time when you tender. The only time that matters is the time for the last tender which can be anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour prior to sail away depending on the length of the tender ride.

You don't need to worry about all aboard time when you tender. The only time that matters is the time for the last tender which can be anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour prior to sail away depending on the length of the tender ride.

Thanks - anyone had experience of tendering at Cabo? If so, how long is the tender ride?

Neil

If I remember correctly, the tender ride is about 10 minutes. Definitely factor in travel/walking time to the tender point, because it is deceiving how far away it is. You can see it from the beach, but it takes *forever* to walk back to it.

Thanks - anyone had experience of tendering at Cabo? If so' date=' how long is the tender ride?

Neil[/quote']

Agree.