Sailing gluten free on POA in September

janice2348

I will be sailing on POA on September 24th with my DH for our first cruise to Hawaii. I am gluten and dairy intolerant, and I have an allergy to nuts and peanuts. I have cruised before, but never with food allergies.

I know there must be others out there thinking of taking this cruise that wonder the same things I do-how good is Norwegian with food issues? What choices will I have and do I have to worry about getting sick? I have contacted special needs and filled out a form letting them know of my issues. I have read good and bad things about NCL and food issues; now I am about to find out for myself just how easy or difficult it will be.

I write a blog on gluten free living so I am pretty well versed in dealing with this issue when I go out, but this is on a much larger scale.

I would be happy to take questions and will be not only writing a very detailed review with food pictures and menus (I hope), but will also hopefully be able to blog live from the ship. My blog address is in my signature.

It is very difficult traveling with food intolerances and allergies-this will be a whole new challenge. I am hoping to have a wonderful cruise where I don't have to worry about getting sick from food issues.

Please feel free to post any questions or concerns you would like me to address.

My wife is Celiac and we have traveled with NCL several times. You need to inform them before you board and all will be good.

They were able to have GF bread at every restaurants we visited. They would always know to bring her this at each dinner. They also had GF cookies.

Bob