Excursions in Nassau and Freeport

amarahsmom

• 2 weeks later...
Any suggestions for fun and interesting excursions in either of these 2 places? I have a 3 yr old. Thanks!

We did the stingray encounter in Nassau and my 4yo loved it! One of her favorite things about the cruise!

This was through RC, they took you out to Blackbeard's Cay, and there is a small beach area that is sectioned off (so the stingrays can't get away!) and you can wade in the water, or go in a little deeper and snorkel. I just sat there with my 4yo in 12-18 inches of water, and the stingrays came right up to us. There were probably a good 30 + stingrays. They are very tame, have no stingers and no teeth. You also get to feed them as well if you want.

There is also a regular beach there with chairs, a snackbar, etc., and you can go back and forth between the stingray part and the regular beach part.

From what people were saying, it was no Stingray City in the Cayman Islands, but it certainly worked as a fun different experience for us. I also had my 9 yo and 12 yo with me as well, and they enjoyed themselves too!

Dorothy

Archived