Pokemon Go in St Martin?

ericstacie

• 2 weeks later...
Is it worth the roaming charges?

I would leave the phone on the ship and try to enjoy the day.

Its 2016 so most plans have free international texting and data. Connectivity is a part of life now so it enhances our experience not detracts from it.

To each their own. Many of our fellow travelers find joy in sitting around drinking 1/2 the day away in a tourist trap. I'd rather explore hidden parks, town squares, churches, and local landmarks in a port with my kids (while looking for imaginary creatures).

Its 2016 so most plans have free international texting and data. Connectivity is a part of life now so it enhances our experience not detracts from it.

To each their own. Many of our fellow travelers find joy in sitting around drinking 1/2 the day away in a tourist trap. I'd rather explore hidden parks, town squares, churches, and local landmarks in a port with my kids (while looking for imaginary creatures).

Can't help but search and see. Your rationale is worthy. My only feedback is after watching locals in a free citywide gym, most of the tweeners and teens weren't stopping and admiring the scenery even after snagging a pokemon. But yes it does beat sitting/lying on a beach at a tourist trap.

If your looking for a pokeman on your cruise you should look at your life and get one!!!!

That's hilarious. Maybe one day I will have a great life spending my days as a troll lurking around CC making dumb comments on random posts and seeking approval for my wittiness from faceless people on the internet.

I originally asked a question specifically to people who have ACTUALLY been there since mid-July. I even specifically asked to not be criticized knowing the CC creeps and trolls would have something unproductive to say.

Its funny how people can have hundreds of posts without actually contributing anything to the community.

For anyone who actually is reading this thread to find the answer to the original question there are several stops in port and in town and the locals are doing it too.

• Like 1

POKEMAN CAN BE FOUND 100 YARDS OFF THE AFT OF ANY SHIP WHILE ITS AT SEA!!!!!!!:eek:

Well, actually, it's been reported that you can just sit in your lounger on the pool deck while at sea and the pokemons will fly to you. No need to chase.

It'll just cost you $$ to hook up to the ship internet or wifi service. Evidently when they rolled out the Caribbean upgrade in early August, many were placed at specific geographical points in the ocean. If you try to run and catch them, they'll disappear as the ship moves away from the location. But sit there and they'll come to you.

• 1 month later...

We were in Phillipsburg, St Martin 3 days ago. There are 4 Pokéstops right at the port and several more in town. There are a lot of pokemon there as well. Lots of Voltorb, magnemite, and pikachu. My husband and I both play and it gave him something to do while I shopped.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app