Theme nights

Madkitty

My experience has been that while they may have some theme nights, there is little participation by the passengers. The only people you will see in costume are members of the cruise directors staff. Don't waste your time packing any extra outfits.

I remember two Theme Nights...Caribbean Night and "Dancing through the Decades" night (50's??) We happened to have some "Beach-Wear" with us, so we were able to participate in that day. I agree w/previous poster, not too many pax participated in the 50's night.

Many years ago, I was on a cruise where they had a country western night, and it went over pretty well. In January, on RCI there were formal nights, and on one of the formal night later on they had a 70's disco night. We didn't catch it till it was too late. We had 70's garb with us, only because we dance to that era, in authentic clothes. Well, a night later we went up to the Vortex, and it was a blast. The cruise director came up with the guys dressed like the village people and it was fun to watch and then dance.

Best advice I can give, if you have an outfit for an era of dance you like, TAKE THE OUTFIT. While we were on-board, they went through: 50's, 70's, ballroom and swing. We saw some folks dressed up for ballroom dancing and it was really nice to see. Some of the dresses are stunning.

I'm not a clothes horse at home, in fact I'm pretty casual all the time, but on a cruise it is part of the fun (for me anyway) to get dressed and kick up my heels.

Beth

shame really - wouldnt it be good if everyone did:rolleyes:

I think if RCI would promote these theme nights a little better more people would participate.My daughter told me we had theme nights last year.I never heard anything about them or even noticed them.If I had known beforehand I would have brought some things and participated.

I'm pretty sure if you call RCI they can tell you, or call your TA.

I have seen the newsletters for the cruise we are about to go on, and it is really similar to the one we went on in January. We are on Jewel, a Radiance class ship. They had 2 formal nights, 50's, 70's, and had swing and ballroom dancing as well, which some folks dressed for. (after dinner) They also had Caribbean night (was at dinner).

Hope this helps! :)

Beth

Archived