FTTF missing from Carnival

Teekkanie

I am booked on a 7 day Mexican Riviera. I keep checking Carnivals website and it has always said sold out.

I went on yesterday and the FTTF is completely gone, I mean that it is not there to even see it. :eek: The only thing it is showing is the Home Port Advisory. :confused:

Anyone else having this issue. Does it mean that they will not offer anymore FTTF for my cruise. We sail Oct.1, 2016 on the Miracle.

I called Carnival yesterday and spoke to a guy that said that Carnival only offer about 60 to 65 FTTF, depending on how many Diamond and Platinum guess are on the ship. But he could not say whey it is not showing at all on the website.

Edited by Teekkanie

Sometimes it doesn't show at all when it's sold out, not sure why that is. Don't give up hope though, I have heard that it sometimes becomes available even up to a week before the cruise.

I'm on that cruise too, see you on the ship :D

I am booked on a 7 day Mexican Riviera. I keep checking Carnivals website and it has always said sold out.

I went on yesterday and the FTTF is completely gone, I mean that it is not there to even see it. :eek: The only thing it is showing is the Home Port Advisory. :confused:

Anyone else having this issue. Does it mean that they will not offer anymore FTTF for my cruise. We sail Oct.1, 2016 on the Miracle.

I called Carnival yesterday and spoke to a guy that said that Carnival only offer about 60 to 65 FTTF, depending on how many Diamond and Platinum guess are on the ship. But he could not say whey it is not showing at all on the website.

You saved $60.

We understand that "FTTF Anxiety" is a very real malady, but there are ways to combat it. If you don't get FTTF, it is not the end of the world. Contrary to popular myth, you still get to cruise and believe it or not, you will probably have a really really good time (I know, its hard to believe, but its true ;) ) Show up around 1:30-2:00 pm at the port.....wow, lines are soooooooooo much shorter, just like FTTF.....You get your S&S card and lo and behold, YOUR ROOM IS READY....JUST LIKE FTTF!!!! You get to stand in the same buffet line as FTTF'ers!!!! If there is a port with a tender, instead of being #14 on the tender line, you may be #36....ITS THE SAME TENDER, WOW!!!! Then again, you may have such a bad case of "FTTF Anxiety" that you could claim that you will cancel your cruise, because there is just no way you can cruise without it :rolleyes:

Edited by First and Ten

Keep checking. Every day. We booked a spring break cruise last year with only about 2 weeks away from final payment. One day FTTF was not showing up on the shore excursion page. Was checking CC and someone else who had been having the same trouble reported that some spots for FTTF opened up for their cruise. Jumped on my computer and there it was. Snagged it for both of our cabins! Quite beneficial. Our cruise got delayed due to a medical emergency on the prior cruise. Although we didn't get on board until 930pm, we were some of the first on after the higher ups, all luggage was at our cabin after dinner. And the guest services line was a mile long all the time. Our travel mates realized the next morning they couldn't find their passport envelope. Walked down to guest service to see if anyone had turned it in. Walked right up to the counter (past at least 15 people in the regular line) and they had it!

What does the FFTF stand for?

"Faster To The Fun"....For $60, you get onboard 15 mins or so sooner, get off the boat 15 mins or so faster, and a "special" line at Guest Services....Its for people who want to feel important....It has reached cult level status. Searching for FTTF online is like securing the golden ticket in the movie Willy Wonka :rolleyes:

Edited by First and Ten

Don't believe that 60 to 65 number. On our last cruise they were available when we first booked and we didn't know if we wanted it or not. We finally decided we did. Too late. It was sold out. But I kept looking. About a month and a half before the cruise they became available. And I mean AVAILABLE. When I purchased there were 82 available.

Our ship was late boarding and you could tell there were way too many FTTF. There must have been 500 people with FTTF.

"Faster To The Fun"....For $60, you get onboard 15 mins or so sooner, get off the boat 15 mins or so faster, and a "special" line at Guest Services....Its for people who want to feel important....It has reached cult level status. Searching for FTTF online is like securing the golden ticket in the movie Willy Wonka :rolleyes:

Obviously it's not worth it to you. It's not about being special or important, and it's more like an hour at minimum between regular boarding time and regular cabin availability.

I travel solo, and being able to stop by my cabin & drop stuff off immediately upon boarding is nicer than having to juggle my luggage while trying to get something to eat. I'm already traveling from the left coast, any convenience or shortcuts I can grab at the embarkation port are worth it for me!

Seriously? If you don't like it, FINE. But don't slam the majority that DO like it.:p

There are benefits. We love being able to go directly to our room at 11:30 and we also love the fact that we don't have to stand in a mile long line at Guest Services........

$60.00 is NOTHING after paying for the cruise.

Worth it's weight in gold.......:D:D

Seriously? If you don't like it, FINE. But don't slam the majority that DO like it.:p

There are benefits. We love being able to go directly to our room at 11:30 and we also love the fact that we don't have to stand in a mile long line at Guest Services........

$60.00 is NOTHING after paying for the cruise.

Worth it's weight in gold.......:D:D

Who did I "slam"? Seriously, show me in my post where I slammed someone? I do think the "FTTF CRAZIES" are a bit scary in that some people claim they will cancel a cruise if they don't secure it. Do you consider that "slamming"?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

Who did I "slam"? Seriously, show me in my post where I slammed someone? I do think the "FTTF CRAZIES" are a bit scary in that some people claim they will cancel a cruise if they don't secure it. Do you consider that "slamming"?

..................certainly on the borderline!!

I don't think slamming is the right word. People are sensitive. More so for me I find that a reply that doesn't address the OP question is senseless and some people are tired of seeing those types of responses in virtually every thread. Its the name of the game and you are entitled to your opinion. Most just move on from a response like yours and take it for what it is worth to them. Others feel like responding and in some cases that is just taking the bait.

Happy Cruising

I don't think slamming is the right word. People are sensitive. More so for me I find that a reply that doesn't address the OP question is senseless and some people are tired of seeing those types of responses in virtually every thread. Its the name of the game and you are entitled to your opinion. Most just move on from a response like yours and take it for what it is worth to them. Others feel like responding and in some cases that is just taking the bait.

Happy Cruising

being fair, I wasn't "baiting" anyone....I think the bigger problem if I am reading your post correctly, is the point about being sensitive. Being sensitive to what, FTTF being sold out? If I read that wrong, please feel free to correct me. People really get upset and sensitive to FTTF? If so, that proves my theory about the "FTTF Crazies"....LOL....Look at these posts. I mean I assume we are adults here. You got people emailing here, calling there, going online at 1:15 in the am and refreshing the site over and over again for this perk....then venting that it is sold out, "What am I going to do if I cant get it"!!!! :eek:

That isn't "crazy"?

Edited by First and Ten