Epic Entertainment

jackhall226

When people talk about seeing "Cirque" in Vegas, they are usually referring to Cirque du Soleil, which is completely unrelated to Cirque Dreams. The show on the Epic is not a smaller version of Cirque du Soleil, it's a different kind of production altogether. You can look up videos from the show on the Epic (go to YouTube and search for Epic and Cirque) to see what it's all about.

Oh boy.. I am just seeing this post. I am sorry I missed it before I posted! I guess I am theatre illiterate...lol. I said exactly what this poster is advising against. To me it seemed like a smaller version of Cirque du Soleil but I guess I am wrong. Anyway, whether you see it as a much smaller version or something all together different....it is still mesmerizing and entertaining and worth every penny (regardless of how bad you may find the food to be, lol)

OK, maybe "different kind of production altogether" was an overstatement on my part, I mean they are both shows featuring lots of physical circus skills. :)

I think the balcony seats used to be cheaper, but now they are classified as premium seats.

...Can you expand upon the differences between the $35 and $47 dollar seats? I would want to sit in an area where I would NOT be part of the show :).

I'm confused about the pricing. The prices I recieved were $17.70 for Premium and $11.80 for Standard seating. Is this because I have the old UDP?

Edited by Swells1

I'm confused about the pricing. The prices I recieved were $17.70 for Premium and $11.80 for Standard seating. Is this because I have the old UDP?
Those are the prices for people who use a Specialty Dining Package credit ($10 standard / $15 premium + 18%).

With the old UDP, you are technically supposed to get 25% off entertainment dining, but they seem to have forgotten about that and you get the SDP pricing instead (which is a better deal for you).

Those are the prices for people who use a Specialty Dining Package credit ($10 standard / $15 premium + 18%).

With the old UDP, you are technically supposed to get 25% off entertainment dining, but they seem to have forgotten about that and you get the SDP pricing instead (which is a better deal for you).

Woo-hoo! :D

You can sit in the balcony level... admission is less expensive.

Actually, balcony is premium seating so it's the same cost as the "front row" seats on the floor. Rightfully so--it's a great view! And, for those of us who don't want to be part of the show, it's worth the extra for the assurance you won't be picked! :D

Actually, balcony is premium seating so it's the same cost as the "front row" seats on the floor. Rightfully so--it's a great view! And, for those of us who don't want to be part of the show, it's worth the extra for the assurance you won't be picked! :D

Ahhh, it has changed since I was onboard. Definitely makes sense because they do seem to be great seats ;)

Just show up before showtime with your key card. Remember that the seats are not assigned, it's first-come first-seated. And they start letting standby guests in about 10 minutes before showtime, in other words you may lose your reservation if you show up that late.

There is nothing printed on your key card, and you won't receive any other reminders on board, so it's up to you to keep track of your reservations. Add them to your smartphone agenda, or print out your confirmation and stick it up on your stateroom wall, or tell your spouse and make it their responsibility… whatever works for you.

Just show up before showtime with your key card. Remember that the seats are not assigned, it's first-come first-seated. And they start letting standby guests in about 10 minutes before showtime, in other words you may lose your reservation if you show up that late.

There is nothing printed on your key card, and you won't receive any other reminders on board, so it's up to you to keep track of your reservations. Add them to your smartphone agenda, or print out your confirmation and stick it up on your stateroom wall, or tell your spouse and make it their responsibility… whatever works for you.

Thanks bunches!!!

Okay, I've booked our entertainment (Cirque, Priscilla, BTF). Now what? What do I need to do on the ship? Do I print my confirmations and take them with me? Will my keycard be flagged?

If you have premium seats for Cirque, then show up earlier--when I went, they let the premium reservations go in first and there were people to show you which seats are premium.

If you're concerned about your reservations or want to change them, just go to the box office and they can confirm for you or change them for you. It's a pretty easy process.