Belon oysters in Nice or St Paul de Vence...

suginana503

Hi anyone knows where can i eat Belon oysters in Nice or St Paul de Vence?

I've checked the menu of the famous restaurants in Nice Cafe de Turin, it doesn't state the names of the oysters....and i've checked many photos taken from other people on internet, i don't see Belon on their seafood tower either...

please help, because i wanna eat seafood tower with Belon on it...

i've never been to France, this is my first time going there, thanks for your help.

Hi anyone knows where can i eat Belon oysters in Nice or St Paul de Vence?

I've checked the menu of the famous restaurants in Nice Cafe de Turin, it doesn't state the names of the oysters....and i've checked many photos taken from other people on internet, i don't see Belon on their seafood tower either...

please help, because i wanna eat seafood tower with Belon on it...

i've never been to France, this is my first time going there, thanks for your help.

The Cafe de Turin will have them when available. Also, the restaurant Au Poseidon in Old Nice. It is an oyster bar. You will find mostly Bouzigues and Fines de Claires, not Belons. Another possibility would be the Restaurant de Bacon in Antibes.

Check these out too:

https://www.lafourchette.com/restaurant+poissons-et-fruits-de-mer+nice

But, you may need to go to Brittany for your oysters!

thanks for your info. it helps alot!! Because my ship will dock in Cannes and I'm planning to go to St Paul de Vence and Nice, I would love to go to Brittany but won't be able to make it. I would like to find some restaurants or fish market in Nice or St Pul, where i can have lunch at, and seem Cafe de Turin is quite famous. For the seafood tower, it looks like the choices are fixed, as I saw people were having the same oysters. If the restaurant has Belon, can I ask them to change the oysters included in the tower to the oysters i like? I don't mind to pay more.

Edited by suginana503

St Paul does not have seafood restaurants per se. You might get oysters as an appetizer at some of the top restaurants, but most likely Fines de Claires. Your best bet is in Nice at Cafe de Turin. By the way, what month are you going? You are not going to get Belons in Nice in the Summer. I have had them at C de T in December.

There are different sizes of panachés (towers). According to the price you will get different choices of seafood and grades (sizes) of oysters. Make sure you get one with a torteau (crab). And you can always order a side of more oysters (your choice of type and grade).