Hopewell Rocks Tour Question Please Help!!

coco33

I am interested in doing the Hopewell Rocks Tidal Discovery offered by Carnival. I am arriving in Saint John NB on 9/14/16 at 8:00am which is technically 9:00am there.

The tour is 7 hours long, 2 hours to get there and 2 hours back. So I am going to assume we spent 3 hours at the actual site.

So here is my question, and I would appreciate some who has done this tour or someone from Saint John to give me advice.

According to the tide schedule for that day

9/14/16

Low tide will be at 04:55 am and it will safe to walk between 01:25am- 08:25 am

High tide will be at 10:40am

Low tide will be again at 5:17 pm and it will be safe to walk between 1:47pm to 8:47 pm

So based on this information we are going to be there from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm and we will miss the low tide when it is safe to walk on the floor?

Is this excursion worth it then? Has anyone taken it? How accurate are those tidal charts? I would love your opinions.

Thanks in advance.

I was looking at a similar excursion for the day that I'm in port (the day after you, via RCL) and had the same disappointment when I researched the tide charts. I scratched the Hopewells excursion off my list due to the tides not being optimal. Their website states it's still interesting to see at high tide...but that's their opinion.

I don't live there, but high tide is a REALLY high tide in the Bay of Fundy, and that's doubtfully going to change.

I am from Saint John. Hopewell Rocks are great but I wouldn't bother given that tide schedule. I would suggest St. Martins. It is closer and still has impressive tides....you will also notice the tides right where the ship docks.

I am from Saint John. Hopewell Rocks are great but I wouldn't bother given that tide schedule. I would suggest St. Martins. It is closer and still has impressive tides....you will also notice the tides right where the ship docks.

Thank you so much for this information. :)