Very nice offer from Randi's Happy Horses!

Hi, I went horseback riding on the beach and through a coconut plantation with Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan last December. I'm a little afraid of horses, and I had a wonderful time. Very scenic ride, nice and long, you got to go as fast or slow as you (or your horse!) wanted. I asked for an 'abuela' and was duly matched up. The horses are held at a rustic farm (and it takes an open air van ride, a water taxi and a tractor ride to get there - all included in the price) and they are healthy and seem happy.

Afterwards, we had the nicest lunch at Viktor's restaurant on the beach, the food was excellent and inexpensive. Vendors came by, they were not pushy but nice, we bought some nice stuff, including my favorite buy of the trip: a pareo with a freaky Frida Kahlo painting on it! Wow!

So I am going back to the Mexican Riviera on the Vision in Feb with my beau, so I emailed Randi to see if I could take him on this fun excursion. She not only got back to me right away, she asked me if I could remember my previous horse so she could make sure I got him again! I thought that was very sweet, and that level of attention to detail is what I like about her and her company. Just thought I'd give them a shout out, if anyone else is going on the Vision and is looking for such an excursion.

I enjoyed Randi's Happy Horses when we visited last February on the Mercury. I look forward to riding again next February, and hope that my DW will join me. Randi gave me a horse that was a good fit, and after the ride, the group headed to Vicktors for lunch. The shrimp was excellent.

A great way to spend the day in Mazatlan. I highly recommend it to anyone.

Rick

I wasn't sure about a Mex Riviera cruise either, but it ended up being one of the funnest ones I've been on (14 in the last 5 years) - The water is not as perfect, or easy to swim in as the Caribbean, but it was just a great trip anyway. So I'm giving another shot in Feb!

This was one of the best excursions I've done in Mexico. After the ride and lunch at Victor's, this would also be a good time for a beach break. We neglected to take this opportunity and really regretted not doing so. Banana boat rides and the like are cheaper near Victor's and the beach is much less crowded than say PV.

Archived