carribean princess 5/8/04 sailing

marc334

just back from western carribean- it was my 1st cruise so i have nothing to compare it-everything was great-any problems or complaints are so minor not even wort mentioning-arrived at airport 2:30pm-there were princess people at bagg/claim-getting on ship took about 2 minutes-i gues everyone was already on board-bed was not put together-but once we alerted fernando it was taken care of-although he did not provide the upgraded shampoo and conditioner packets as hinted-the food was incredible-even the food at the buffets was great-did sterling stkhse 1 night-then palm or coral for dinner-at the end of one meal b4 dessert i asked for a shrimp cocktail, and my waitress asked me if I wanted a steak-all regular dinner menues had a sugar free dessert chioce which was great since I am diabetic.

went to jungle river tubing in jamaica which was good but our river guide was a little psyco-

1 person fell out of tube due to not following instuctions but he was ok

the grand cayman island highlites and stingray city tour was great-although our bus driver seemed to be a political analyst wannabee-

the boat out to stingray city had a crew member with a little iguana on a leash named flash who was quite quite

stingray city was great-dozens of sting rays in shallow water swimmimg around you

at cozumel we did canukka park which was also really nice-great sea lion show-went back to ship after-changed and went back to mall for shopping

did not really see any shows-was too tired after all the eating

but one of best vacations ever-

loved the room stayed in last cabin at rear of ship aloha 747-took all kinds of seasick stuff with us-nevr needed any of-actually enjoyed getting rocked to sleep

Marc, it seems like princess is geting away from the shampoo and conditioner thing it was missing out of our cabin to until I requested it. Sounds like maybe a cutback in the working.

Tom M

Chandris Brittanis & Gallileo

Celebrity Zenith

Carnival Destiny

Dolphin IV,Dolphin Seabreeze Dolphin Oceanbreeze

RCCL Song of Norway & Explorer of the Seas

Grand Princess, Dawn Princes & Caribbean Princess

hullamod.gif

<FONT color=blue size=4> UNTIL PURE RELAXATION ON THE ISLAND PRINCESS IN HAWAII!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;10;6;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

If you were lacking shampoo,conditioner, lotion, etc.. it must be the fault of the steward. Our steward on the May 1st sailing kept us well supplied throughout the cruise. We never had to ask.

JJ

Caribbean Princess 5/1/04

Star Princess 5/24/03

Sun Princess 6/12/00

Carnival Fantasy 1/18/98

i also raided the refills carts that were in the hallway constantly-on the last day the dish was put under the sink and was refilled-i also took al of those for souviners

Marc...curious about the sugar free desserts...my DH is also a diabetic and usually is stuck with sf ice-cream.

Also...did I understand you when you said you PC'd in the Palm dining room in the rear of the ship. Where is the traditional dining then?

thanks,

Jeanne-Marie

Caribbean Princess 10/16/2004

Triumph 4/26/2003

Triumph 4/13/2002

Sensation 96-01

Destiny 97

Costa Victoria 99

Horizon 95

Noordam 89

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

islesun_e0.gif

Jeanne, I read in another post that they moved traditional dining to the Island dining room because the Palm dining room seats more people and the extra space is what was needed for personal choice.

Caribbean Princess 7/03/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;7;3;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Hi, We're also just back from the 5/8 sailing. We were glad we switched from the Coral to the Palm Dining Rooms for personal choice. We requested a table for two there every night during Prime Time and never had to wait. Mauro, the head waiter, was terrific. We had great waiters each night and only had the same waiter twice. I agree that the food was terrific as usual on Princess. Some of the shows were disappointing. We didn't like the magician/comedian. I don't think those of you who are Princess veterans and used to the Vista Lounge will like Club Fusion. There are poor sight lines - you have to watch the show on TV screens located throughout the room. The big movie screen up top is great. We watched the Tom Jones concert at 7 PM one night and loved it. We like the two open pools centered on the Sun Deck. Marc, who was your guide on the Jungle River Tubing? We had DelRoi and we loved him. We never saw anyone falling out of their tube. You must have been behind us. Be sure and see the Caribbean Calliente show in the Princess Theater - it's wonderful. I kept reading on these boards to be sure to go see Bert in Crooner's Lounge. He was gone and the substitute was disappointing. All in all, it was a great cruise. The poolside entertainment is fantastic. Deep Blue also plays in the Lounges in addition to poolside. Exotique is also great in the Explorer's Lounge.

Aquarian, any reason why you liked the Palm dining room over the Coral? You also mentioned on another post that you had a wait for 20 minutes in the Coral....did they give you a beeper? I think you are one of the first since the inaugural (sp) that did not experience waits or be able to go prime time and obtain a table for two. This is great news. icon_smile.gif I remember Spongerob stating that the Palm had many tables for two. Looks like they woke up and hopefully found a solution by making this switch.

Caribbean Princess 7/03/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;7;3;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

the sugar free desserts were incredible-rainbow cheesecake-ricotta crapes w/ strawberry coulis-a different one every night-also avail an assortment of cheeses with crackers-yummy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cruzenmama:

Marc...curious about the sugar free desserts...my DH is also a diabetic and usually is stuck with sf ice-cream.

Also...did I understand you when you said you PC'd in the Palm dining room in the rear of the ship. Where is the traditional dining then?

thanks,

Jeanne-Marie

Caribbean Princess 10/16/2004

Triumph 4/26/2003

Triumph 4/13/2002

Sensation 96-01

Destiny 97

Costa Victoria 99

Horizon 95

Noordam 89

http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

http://animatedgif.net/nauticalboats/islesun_e0.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived