Sapphire Princess - Category "L" ?

MarsMc888

So a friend and I are going on this cruise basically just to lay out by the pool and eat a lot and act silly where no one else knows us - can't do that in Scottsdale! We got a really great last minute deal on a Guaranteed "L" category room and that's just fine with us.

But I was looking at the Sapphire Princess Deck Plans on the Princess website, and noticed there only seem to be 4 rooms on the whole ship in this category. That makes me wonder where we really will end up - in one of these rooms, or somewhere else on the ship?

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has booked one of these "L" category rooms, or another low-level category, and where they ended up. Also, what's the big difference between these rooms and all the other inside rooms that were $150 more?

Thanks! :)

Mars, it'll depend on how full the ship is. If it's really full, you'll probably be in one of those 4 cabins. If it's fairly empty, they'll usually upgrade people as much as they can. So, I'd keep an eye on the availability of the categories above you, and if there seems to be a lot of room to move up, you might have a shot at an upgrade. But I wouldn't count on it, you never know who's going to get an upgrade or why. It's one of those mysteries of the universe. :)

I haven't been in an L, but I've been in a K, and it was totally fine, no noise from above, and in a nice secluded part of the ship. I also think being on Plaza deck is handy because you're pretty near the lobby bar, which is one of my favorite places to hang out and people-watch (and drink!). With a category L cabin, you'll be fairly far forward so you might feel more motion than other parts of the ship, but in terms of size/shape of room, all inside cabins (except ones that are wheelchair accessible) are all the same size and shape. The extra money is just about location on the ship.

Archived