International Pier-RCCL-No Duty Free

PatyCake

Just a heads up to those on RCCL ships. We currently do not have a duty free shop at our port. There is one over at Puerta Maya but only Carnival cruisers can use it. I was told that it will be set up again, sometime after renovations to the port are completed.

Little off topic but it sounds like International port is under construction. Do you know when it will be complete? My parents will be there in Dec and was wondering which dock Royal would port at. They ported over near Carnival last cruise on Royal and wondered why. Any thoughts? I assumed it might be because Royal had to many ships in port that day to dock them all at International? Would love your input being a local :)

BonVoyage

Dawna

Yes they are doing remodeling. I think, and hope it will be finished by then. I know that my kiosk and others will be moved to the other side when they start on our part. They are just finishing up the front and it looks really nice. I know they are trying to finish before high season.

If an RCL ship was ported elsewhere we must have had 2 ships already. Puerta Maya holds 3, International 2, and Punta Langosta 2. More than that then they tender in. It has been a very very long time since I have seen that happen.