Bottles purchased from the bars

trick999

When we were on the Saphire Princess I was able to call up room service and have a bottle of liquor delivered to the room. Happy Sailing, Joy

May I ask how much the bottle of liquor was?

I have heard that you can purchase a bottle of liquor from the on board duty free store & pay a "Princess fee" & then take the bottle to your cabin. Is this true?

I have heard that you can purchase a bottle of liquor from the on board duty free store & pay a "Princess fee" & then take the bottle to your cabin. Is this true?

No, this is not permitted. RC and other lines used to do it, but I think they've suspended the practice, too. Princess allows you to purchase full bottles of liquor on board and take them to your cabin. A litre of Bailey's cost $30, and I don't think it was on the standard menu. You should be able to get tequila. I don't know the costs or brands available. I stay away from the stuff because it makes me think I'm bulletproof and invisible.

No, this is not permitted. RC and other lines used to do it, but I think they've suspended the practice, too. Princess allows you to purchase full bottles of liquor on board and take them to your cabin. A litre of Bailey's cost $30, and I don't think it was on the standard menu. You should be able to get tequila. I don't know the costs or brands available. I stay away from the stuff because it makes me think I'm bulletproof and invisible.

Ok, thanks for the info. If you were "bulletproof and invisible" you would be "SuperRob"...... but you probably are anyway & just in disguise....:p

kiberkid,

You can not buy booze at the store and take it back to your room and Princess does not have a fee either that you have to pay. Here's there program(for in cabin consumption).

1). You can pre-order your liquor before your cruise and it will be waiting in your cabin upon your boarding the ship.

2.) You can purchase the liquor in the lobby bar.

3). You can order your liquor through room service.

To find what options you have, go to www.princess.com. At the top of the page in the toolbar, click on ONBOARD. in the next window that opens up, look to the right and click on SEND A GIFT. In the next window that appears, look to the right. Click on PRINCESS CELLARS. You are there. Just scroll down to view the available choices along with their prices.

You can generally save about $2.00 per bottle by ordering it from room service. I usually order some breakfast items from room service and also place my liquor order at the same time. It will arrive with the breakfast order. Then of course I give the appropriate and extra tip!

GOOD LUCK!

We're all here to help Sandy!

I forgot to mention that in your cabin there will also be a listing of the available choices for in cabin consumption!

I really find this program that Princess has to be just another one of the fine ways they take care of the needs of their customers.

Jonathan

Just off the Coral and was surprised to find out at the lido bar you were able to buy bottles of liquor. You just had to keep them in your room. We ran into this guy who was buying at least one bottle a day...way too much for me! :eek: But I asked him about it and he said that was the only bar that was allowed to sell it to him.

Archived