Wine & Soda

bettyboop16

Wine & can soda is packed your carry on luggage & not in your checked luggage...is this correct? :)

Yes, put it in your carry-on luggage. I put a 12-pack of soda in one carry-on and let our teenage son take that through. I even opened the case of Pepsi at home and made half of it Dr. Pepper, then taped it shut so they wouldn't fall out. I've heard some people recommend actually carrying the case of soda by hand, but ours was inside the carry-on and they never said anything.

Then, since you're allowed one bottle of wine per drinking-age adult in the cabin, we put both bottles of wine in one carry-on. I wrapped them in jackets just to give them a little extra protection and they never said a word. That might not be typical, but it's what we experienced. If they had asked to pull them out of the luggage, no big deal.

If you're cabin has a mini-fridge and it already has stuff in it, ask your steward to take that stuff out so you can put yours in. I read that Carnival might be leaving them empty now, though. Ours was full of their stuff in June aboard the Conquest. Your room will have wine glasses, too. My wife and another member of our party poured their own wine in the room's glasses and took a glass to dinner every night. Just be sure to take the glass back to your room.

I have a small rolling suitcase. It is just big enough for 2 bottles of wine wrapped in bubble wrap and two-6 packs of soda. My husband and I go through check in together with that little rolling suitcase and never have a problem.