Easy access beaches for senior citizens

dkc1973

In October in going to cruise with both my 76 year old parents. Mom loves to swim and would like to try a beach in Cozumel. She has a bad knee and stairs and inclines are hard on her.

On a previous cruise I went to Mr Sanchos and it was a bit steep and you really sank into the sand a lot. However that's the only beach I know about personally.

I'm wondering if any can suggest places that have easier entry to the water (no big slope etc).

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most of the popular beach clubs (Sanchos, Paradise Beach, Nachi Cocom, etc.) are located on the same side of the island so the sand, beach, water, etc. will be similar.

It's been a few years, but I recall the small beach at Chakanaab being very nice and might be an option for you to explore. The $20 per person admission fee will keep the crowds down. Taxi each way should only be about $11+tip

• 2 weeks later...

I am 78 and my dh is getting ready to turn 80. I've had both knees and both hips replaced. I say all this to say: You might want to check out the Money Bar. It has gotten great reviews. It has steps leading down into the water,(with handlebars). I,m told the snorkeling and water is crystal clear.

We will be trying it in a couple of weeks. (never been). Sounds user friendly and affordable.

(We were at Mr Santoes last Nov. Could hardly walk in the sand. It seemed to be a place for the young and hardy.)

• 3 weeks later...