Boarding question

chascougs

My wife and I have a cabin on Dec 10 Magic sailing. After booking my SIL, her son, and MIL expressed interest in going too. My 15 y.o. twins stated they couldn't afford to miss a week of school but my 12 y.o. daughter said she wanted to go. My SIL agreed to book a quad so she could go. SIL has decided that she won't be able to leave until Friday afternoon while we were planning on leaving mid morning and driving all the way to Canaveral. Question is can my daughter board with us Sat if my SIL isn't there at that time. Guess my question is can a minor board without the adult in the cabin she was booked into even though she will be with her parent. Hope that was clearer than mud lol.

Very interesting question, I'm thinking the answer might be no as the person whose room it is would need to be there before anyone else checks in regardless of age. Although your situation is different since it is your daughter, I would call Carnival and explain the situation. They might be able to make a note on your booking that would allow your daughter to board with you, regardless of what time you MIL comes.

I asked CCL this one before and they said everyone for the same room has to be there at check in or they can not check in. So you would have to wait with her till your family gets there. Kinda the thing with putting your daughter in the other room. GL

I asked CCL this one before and they said everyone for the same room has to be there at check in or they can not check in. So you would have to wait with her till your family gets there. Kinda the thing with putting your daughter in the other room. GL

Not doubting what you were told but really question the accuracy.

First off everyone has their own boarding pass.

Secondly we are told over and over if someone can't make the trip at the last minute to not cancel but rather let them be a no show.

Third I have check in without my husband and met him on board.

Now the situation of OP maybe different since there is a minor involved. That said the child at 12 could be booked in a room by their self as long as it was near the parents stateroom. If the online check in was done and the sail and sign card is set up, I don't see there being a problem.

Simply move your wife to the child's cabin and then board with a note from her father as if you were taking someone else's child as I have in the past. Then once everyone is onboard, move your wife back to your cabin. No problem.

Guests Under the Age of 21 MUST travel with a relative or guardian of 25 years of age or older

The guardian does not need to be a legal guardian.

The bookings must be cross-referenced with the relative or guardian’s stateroom and documented properly.

When minors (18 and under) are not traveling with a relative, we strongly recommend bringing an original signed letter from the absent parent/legal guardian authorizing the minor to travel.

Guests who are 21 to 24 years of age may travel with their minor children.

Minors Traveling as a Group: The policy is slightly different because of stricter group terms and conditions as follows:

Must have 1 chaperone for every 8 minors

Prepaid gratuities per minor are due at final payment

8 or more staterooms must be booked through the Group Department and a $100 damage deposit per minor will be charged.

My wife and I have a cabin on Dec 10 Magic sailing. After booking my SIL, her son, and MIL expressed interest in going too. My 15 y.o. twins stated they couldn't afford to miss a week of school but my 12 y.o. daughter said she wanted to go. My SIL agreed to book a quad so she could go. SIL has decided that she won't be able to leave until Friday afternoon while we were planning on leaving mid morning and driving all the way to Canaveral. Question is can my daughter board with us Sat if my SIL isn't there at that time. Guess my question is can a minor board without the adult in the cabin she was booked into even though she will be with her parent. Hope that was clearer than mud lol.

No she can't.

Not doubting what you were told but really question the accuracy.

First off everyone has their own boarding pass.

Secondly we are told over and over if someone can't make the trip at the last minute to not cancel but rather let them be a no show.

Third I have check in without my husband and met him on board.

Now the situation of OP maybe different since there is a minor involved. That said the child at 12 could be booked in a room by their self as long as it was near the parents stateroom. If the online check in was done and the sail and sign card is set up, I don't see there being a problem.

This was in regards to my minor son who was bunking with my uncle(we were driving in and uncle was flying in) since there was a group of 6. Maybe I should have specified that. When I asked if we could board without him they stated that the person with the credit card and adult had to accompany him, that he could not check in with us if the uncles flight was delayed. I believe he was 16 or turning 16 onboard.