Carnival Splendor Review 8/13/16 - 8/21/16

DJW8385

Hi DJW8385! I am just back from my Splendor cruise. I loved the ship, and as always the crew are fantastic. I also enjoyed the American Table menu/food very much. There were a couple of "hiccups" to my cruise, and a bit of (I just cant put my finger on it) reasons why this was not my best cruise ever, but it was definitely not the fault of the ship or crew. I will probably post a review in the members review section this week, but I have to ponder a bit longer why exactly this cruise fell short of others. It was still a good cruise, and very enjoyable all the same. Your review game me lots of great info to have going into the cruise, and is much appreciated. :)

Hi DJW8385! I am just back from my Splendor cruise. I loved the ship, and as always the crew are fantastic. I also enjoyed the American Table menu/food very much. There were a couple of "hiccups" to my cruise, and a bit of (I just cant put my finger on it) reasons why this was not my best cruise ever, but it was definitely not the fault of the ship or crew. I will probably post a review in the members review section this week, but I have to ponder a bit longer why exactly this cruise fell short of others. It was still a good cruise, and very enjoyable all the same. Your review game me lots of great info to have going into the cruise, and is much appreciated. :)

Looking forward to your thoughts and comments as they solidify for you. Sailing on the Splendor in 6 weeks and looking for all points of view!

I too am just back from the August 27th sailing of the Splendor. I agree it wasn't the best cruise but still very enjoyable. My problem was the amount of kids that were running around the ship and screaming in the hallways at all hours of the day and night. Why do parents thinks it's OK to just let their kids run wild without any supervision? I will also be on the October 22 sailing and I hope the kids are better behaved.

I too am just back from the August 27th sailing of the Splendor. I agree it wasn't the best cruise but still very enjoyable. My problem was the amount of kids that were running around the ship and screaming in the hallways at all hours of the day and night. Why do parents thinks it's OK to just let their kids run wild without any supervision? I will also be on the October 22 sailing and I hope the kids are better behaved.

I hope they are too! I can't stand ill-behaved children, that's why we always cruise in the fall. There are still a few, but nothing like the summer months!

Thank you for a great review! I am wondering is there a pizza pirate on the Splendor, or just room service pizza? They don't mention it on the website and my vegetarian daughter really loves her Pizza Pirate!

Thanks

Tsj

I'm glad my review provided you feedback for your cruise. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise and I'm looking forward to your review :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by DJW8385

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you for a great review! I am wondering is there a pizza pirate on the Splendor, or just room service pizza? They don't mention it on the website and my vegetarian daughter really loves her Pizza Pirate!

Thanks

Tsj

YES, they have the Pizza pirate. DH insisted on getting pizza every night before bed. This was always after midnight, and there was always a line, but it moved quickly.

Thanks

Tsj

The Splendor has both pizza pirate and room service pizza. The pizza from room service is a personal pan pizza whereas pizza pirate is the thin crust pizza. Both are good.

Sent from my iPad using Forums