Critique My Cruise Itinerary

b00kbug

Hey all!

Take a look at our cruise plans - let me know if there is something I just shouldn't miss out on, or if there is something you think we should skip - have at it!

About us:: Active vacationers - we can't sit still for too long. First vacation with our daughter - she will be a few weeks shy of 2. First time in Hawaii. We are traveling from end of Nov into Dec for this trip.

Saturday - Oahu: Bogart's Cafe for breakfast, hike Diamond Head, pick up some Poke to go at Ono Seafood Products, drop off car, get on board!

Sunday - Kahului, Maui: pick up car, hike Iao Valley State Park, relax at Kaanapali Beach, Old Lahaina Luau, drop car off, back to the ship.

Monday - Kahului, Maui: pick up car, see Haleakala Crater from the summit, relax at Ulua Beach, drop off car, back on board.

Tuesday - Hilo, Hawaii: pick up car, Hawaiʻi Volcanoes National Park (hike Kīlauea Iki Trail & Pu‘u Loa Petroglyphs Trail), drop off car, back on board.

Wednesday - Kona, Hawaii: Big Island Snorkel NCL excursion. dinner on board.

Thursday - Nawiliwili, Kauai: pick up car, Waimea Canyon Lookout, get trail maps at Kokee Natural History Museum, hike cliff canyon and black pipe trail, MCS Grill for dinner.

Friday - Nawiliwili, Kauai: pick up car, Salt Sand Beach, Kauai Island Brewery & Grill, drop off car, back on board.

Saturday - head to airport after ship and take the long trip home!

Wow! You must have a strong back and a tolerant toddler! ;-)

Not too many comments on your itinerary, but you could consider going to the Zoo in Honolulu. It is really a pretty zoo and when we were there there were many moms and toddlers having a great time running and playing.

Make time for some shave ice too. The best we found was in Lahaina.

Wow! You must have a strong back and a tolerant toddler! ;-)

Not too many comments on your itinerary, but you could consider going to the Zoo in Honolulu. It is really a pretty zoo and when we were there there were many moms and toddlers having a great time running and playing.

Make time for some shave ice too. The best we found was in Lahaina.

Thanks for the zoo tip! My husband is in charge of carrying her around haha - and shes used to taking naps in the carrier. Shes a trooper.

I've added on a shaved ice stop! :)

Kauai is our favorite Hawaiian island. We have visited there two times for a week at a time. If you have time, an open-air helicopter ride around the island is awesome. Especially the Napali Coast and the Waimea Canyon from the air.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would add at least one perfect beach day experience with your toddler. Perfect protected beaches on Kauai are Lydgate Beach State Park (east shore, not far from your cruise ship dock) also a nice playground, and Anini Beach near the north shore. Anini Beach is a very long beach and sheltered by the longest reef in Hawaii. Either would be a very special beach experience with a toddler. These are beaches that Hawaiian families choose for their gentle and safe waters.

Edited by PNW Traveler