Are there 'group cruisers' on Seabourn?

trubey

I have sailed on HAL in the past, and have a repositioning cruise with them in a few weeks.

There are some rather unsettling changes on HAL; among them booking more and more large group/incentive cruises, often more than 1000 passengers. This, as you can imagine, heavily impacts those not in the group.

Does Seabourn book groups of a size which matters to other pasengers, to anyone's experience?

Lane

If I am not mistaken the ships only hold 208 passenger. Thus, a group of any size would take the entire ship. I have been on sailings with some groups and half the time you end up having drinks with them, don't you love the Sky Bar, or as we call it "the Seabourn melting pot".

A trip in the Med. with a group of Australian’s comes to mind. I am still hung over from that one. Good times!

We just returned from the Spirit that had a Mohawk Carpeting group aboard.We didn't even realize it till we had dinner with a couple the last night. They just melded in. We have been on the Sea Dream [when it was the Sea Goddess} when groups of say 10 to 12 actually were obnoxious in "taking over" as it were. It can happen, but generally no big deal.

I was introduced to small ships on the Sea Goddess II, oh what a great day! I will never forget my 1st check in with a glass of champagne and hors d’oeuvre, I new instantly we had found our home at sea. I have not been on them since they became the Sea Dreams. We made the switch to Seabourn. I know they were refurbed, but when they were the SG they had a 98 or so passenger capacity. With a ship that small, even a small group could affect the ships dynamics. Never the less, we have never had trouble meeting interesting people on these ships.

21 days and counting!

Archived