Hello M Barbados can you help please

FRANCOIS

I whent at your island 20 years ago, my mom use to rent a condo at chist church region. and last year I went back but I did the Best of Barbados with my wife; we loved it but I missed the st james and that part of the north region.

I remember that we used to walk on the beach and there was small rum house on the beach.

I am going back this january and I would like to visit that region but I dont want to desapoint my wife!

So please tell me: is there still nice public beaches over that region?

Does animal cave still exist and at your opinion does it worth?

and last question, what is a nice place to get either flying fish or king fish lunch?

Thank you in advance M. B.

Frank

I whent at your island 20 years ago, my mom use to rent a condo at chist church region. and last year I went back but I did the Best of Barbados with my wife; we loved it but I missed the st james and that part of the north region.

I remember that we used to walk on the beach and there was small rum house on the beach.

I am going back this january and I would like to visit that region but I dont want to desapoint my wife!

So please tell me: is there still nice public beaches over that region?

Does animal cave still exist and at your opinion does it worth?

and last question, what is a nice place to get either flying fish or king fish lunch?

Thank you in advance M. B.

Frank

Mr. Frank, please give me a little more time to respond......

...We have had a huge lime (party) going on for the last two days here at Barbados-West....it should be over by Wednesday (?) and I'll have a response for you.

pool.JPG

Hang-tight, my friend.... :) :) :)

Yes, there are wonderful beaches in St James and St. Peter!

As for Animal Flower Cave…..Yes, it’s still there up in North Point, St. Lucy. The Wards’ still run a little bar/restaurant there. Difficult to say if “it’s worth it”….. If I only had one day on the island, I’d visit the Wildlife Reserve or Harrison’s cave or travel to our East Coast and visit St. Nicholas Abby or Andromedia Gardens in Bathsheba. Animal Flower Cave seems to be something that people do during their last few days of a week's stay.

You’ll find Flying Fish sandwiches (called “cutters”) everywhere in Barbados.

Now, Mullins Beach (South of Speightstown in St Peter), has Mullins Beach Bar right on the beach. They offer these, plus much more.

A little further south below Holetown, you’ll find Kokomo’s. Walk south from Folkstone Marine Park on the beach or walk down Second Street off Spring Garden Hwy and turn right on the beach to find this spot. It’s one of our favorites.

Just South of this, you’ll find Paynes Bay.

Here you’ll find Bombas Beach Bar and The Coach House right on the beach. I believe Bombas changed ownership, but I can’t remember the new name (too much Mt. Gay Rum! LOL).

IMHO, the BEST tasting cutter is in Oistins on south island on a Friday Night. GOD, they’re GOOD. The beach bars/restaurants that I have mentioned above provide a good offering, however. But remember cutters are sometimes the best at the rattiest-looking establishments and at the cheapest prices. Gratification is where you find it, not necessarily associated with a big name and big tariff!

We are lucky to have some full-time islanders on this board and hopefully they will offer their suggestions.

My best wishes for a wonderful time back on the island! :)

Archived