Embarkation day questions

cynd7us

Hey everyone!

Me & my family are about to travel with the carnival vista from 13 Sep from Athens, I have some questions about the Embarkation day as I'm getting excited :)

1. Does Vista belong to any gate under Athens port? What are the best options to arrive from Athens airport to Vista ship?

2. After the check-in process, is there an option to travel around Athens and arrive late ? (maybe leave the baggage under the ship and go to some traveling around Athens)

3. After the check-in process, is there any option to explore the ship & get some food? Is there any restaurant open during this time?

4. On Carnival vista website our boarding time set to 12:00 - 16:00 pm - can we arrive at any time between this time range? I heard somewhere that we can set our own check-in time, is that still apply to vista's administration?

Hey everyone!

Me & my family are about to travel with the carnival vista from 13 Sep from Athens, I have some questions about the Embarkation day as I'm getting excited :)

1. Does Vista belong to any gate under Athens port? What are the best options to arrive from Athens airport to Vista ship?

2. After the check-in process, is there an option to travel around Athens and arrive late ? (maybe leave the baggage under the ship and go to some traveling around Athens)

3. After the check-in process, is there any option to explore the ship & get some food? Is there any restaurant open during this time?

4. On Carnival vista website our boarding time set to 12:00 - 16:00 pm - can we arrive at any time between this time range? I heard somewhere that we can set our own check-in time, is that still apply to vista's administration?

You can go back out and explore Athens after you board if you like, so long as you are back onboard before sail away.

I'm on the October 1st sailing, and we had to select a specific time to check in. We board in Barcelona, so that may be different than Athens? But go to your booking on Carnival's website under "To Do List - Online check in" and click on it. That's where we selected what time we want to board.

=cynd7us;50878650]Hey everyone!

DONT KNOW AS BOARDED IN BARCELONA

WHEN WE GOT OUT THE TAXI AT BARCELONA PORT THE PORTERS TOOK OUR SUITCASES OUT OF TAXI AND WE DIDNT SEE THEM AGAIN UNTIL THEY ARRIVED AT OUR ROOM.

THE LIDO ON DECK 10 WAS OPEN AND I THINKK GUYS BURGER AND 24 HOUR PIZZA PLACE.

WE HAD TO CHOOSE AN ARRIVAL TIME FROM 10am ONWARDS. THEY SENT US AN EMAIL TO CHOOSE ARRIVAL TIME.

We loved our time on the Vista. Didn't do many port excursions as wanted to enjoy the ship.

Edited by bluenose1966

You can go back out and explore Athens after you board if you like, so long as you are back onboard before sail away.

I'm on the October 1st sailing, and we had to select a specific time to check in. We board in Barcelona, so that may be different than Athens? But go to your booking on Carnival's website under "To Do List - Online check in" and click on it. That's where we selected what time we want to board.

Athens does not have staggered check-in.

Only Barcelona does.