MIA cruise port to FLL hotel

ncdebe

We are coming into MIA the Sunday after Thxgiving and need safe,reliable transport to our FLL hotel near the airport. I am reading so many horror stories! Any suggestions to solve this will be deeply appreciated.

Deb

Transport for how many? :confused:

Lots of shared shuttles will get you from POM to FLL for about $15 per person - SAS, QLS, MJS, Go Airport and others. From FLL you can use the hotel shuttle or a taxi to get to your hotel.

Uber for 2 plus bags will run about $40-45 depending upon hotel location. Taxi will be about $75-80+

We are coming into MIA the Sunday after Thxgiving and need safe,reliable transport to our FLL hotel near the airport. I am reading so many horror stories! Any suggestions to solve this will be deeply appreciated.

Deb

I presume you are sailing out of Port Everglades?

I'd rent a car from Budget at MIA, drop it at the 17th Street Causeway location and they will shuttle you to the port.

We always used Uber in South Florida up until our last stay back in February. Two bad experiences in one trip, all set with Uber down there!!! First of all, they can "price gouge", which Uber considers price surge. It is supposed to be in conjuction with a higher demand time, but honestly, what we paid was ridiculous!!! We spoke to a local cab driver in Ft. Lauderdale shortly after we were charged almost $60 by Uber to get from the airport to our hotel which was less than ten miles from the airport, he told us a cab fare would've been MAX $30! Our other experience on the same trip was when our Uber driver got lost, while failing to pay attention to his GPS, on his way to take us back to the airport which resulted in us missing our flight! We live in CT and we could not get out that day, the next day and several days after we were hit with snowstorms up here. As a result of the Uber driver getting lost, we missed our Sunday flight and could not get a flight back until Wednesday. Needless to say, that error cost us a TON of money!!! Uber did nothing for us but give my friend a $10 Uber credit on her account! I would honestly rethink Uber!

Edited by starfishee