I said I would never cruise again!

lydiaw86

NO.

I could sail on a 7 day cruise with no ports. I cruise for the ship, the activities, and the people I meet. And if I choose to do nothing, that's on board too.

If it's ports you're looking for, why not go directly there? :confused:

Ditto

Pete we are alike in a lot of ways I think.. We need to cruies together some time.:)

To each his own I guess. Me, I would do a ship (if its a great one) without any port-of-call and just enjoy the experience of sailing on the high seas.

But I do completely understand what you are saying lydiaw86. I've known people who have tried cruising and complained that all they do is hop around one island to another and not really get to know any place for too long. Some people just prefer the old land-based vacation where they are at one place. Granted, I enjoy those too but I mainly choose a cruise because of the sailing and shipboard life - the iteniary is secondary.

So hey, don't feel so guilty about not enjoying your first cruise. You may like it better the second time around or you may not. Its not for everyone.

When I told one of the family members that he and his family would never forget this incident because I never would because IRS agents have the best memories in the world, they said, "you work for the IRS?':eek: I said, yes, I am an auditor!" They looked at each other, turned around and almost ran down the hall.

I hate mean people!

They deserved that IRS comment. Jerks :D

LOL! Loved that story! Usually I hate hearing people complain on these boards because its usually petty and self-serving. Plus public displays of fighting is usually something undignified. However, you obviously had a case of a wacko who really did steal your dime and even had the gall to disrespect your clothes by throwing them on the floor. I believe her cop comment about as much as I believe that the sky is green! You were in your right to get in her face as she completely asked for it. She thought she could hoodwink you so I am glad you were able to outdo her on her terms. I bow in your presence.

BTW, I hope I never piss you off. :D

Our first cruise (Sensation, June 2005) was so perfect that immediately upon returning home we booked the Conquest for 12/25/05. My fear is that the first cruise was so great that future cruises will be a let-down. My DH & I love to travel and see & do as much as possible. Our vacation motto has always been "You can sleep when you get home !"

That laundry story was funny - glad you didn't get into a fight! I think the best way to scare someone off is to tell them you're an auditor, hee. That woman... talk about lack of class!

I actually expected to feel contained on our first cruise, but was surprised at how much room we had, and found that I didn't even want to participate in most of the ship activities - just being at sea and in the sun was so perfect. Someone else said the ports were almost interruptions, and I was surprised to find that true, too. I can definitely see where if you're a "do-er", you could get frustrated on a ship. We're more "lie-around-ers." :D

Nope! I had my share of fair run-ins with a family who had no consideration for anyone but themselves. I just realized that at 21 I was more mature than parents who had kids because I wouldn't act on their level.

I didn't feel claustrophobic either. Or bored.

It's really a shame what some people will do. If you can afford a cruise, you can afford to spring for the buck to do your own doggone laundry!!

But really it shows that there are all kinds of people in the world.. bad, good, crazy, fun... and just plain stupid. I find them at work, at the grocery store, driving down the road, and certainly on a cruise.

I find that there are so many activities that interest me on sea days, that I have trouble finding time to sit and relax. I hate to miss anything! I have 3 ports on an 8-day coming up, and I am really looking forward to them. I am another person who could do a 7-day cruise with no ports!

But to each his own. I really hope you have a more pleasant experience on your next one! :)

My friends and I are sun worshipers so we love the days at sea. More than 3 ports would be to much for me. I enjoy the islands but enjoy relaxing with my friends and the new people you meet better.

We tried an all inclusive this year after being on 5 cruises and we hated it. After a day in the sun there was nothing to do at night. They had a couple of bars but nothing exciting. The food was terrible and the resort did not even carry any domestic beer. To save a couple hundred dollars just wasn't worth it to us. We were ready to come home after 3 days.

I can definitely see where if you're a "do-er", you could get frustrated on a ship. We're more "lie-around-ers." :D

I am a "do-er" and my husband is a little bit of a "do-er" but mostly a "lie-around-er" and the other couple that we have cruised with, the hubby is a "do-er" like me and the wife a big "lie-around-er" - That's what makes CRUISES a perfect vacation to do with other people if you must vacation with other people! There is something to DO all the time or if you want to lay around you can!! Something for everyone!!

On the trip with the other couple...the other hubby and myself went off and did stuff where as my hubby and my friend just baked themselves - everyone was happy!!

Speaking from a "do-er" perspective - I haven't felt frustrated yet!! :D

" lydiaw86

Cool Cruiser Join Date: Sep 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am just a constant doer and it's in my blood. Kinda of like the depression era folk who spend very little, I must always be doing something. It's my heritage and the way I was raised.

The fight in the laundry happened like this:

Went down and put in a load of stuff in the washer came back 10 minutes early to avoid holding up the washer and waited for my clothes to be finished put in the quarters and started the dryer.

Came back also early about 15 minutes later ( in the attempts to take out the clothes early so I could hang dry the rest of the way, it was a small load only panties and bras) when I returned my items were on the floor and someone elses items were in the dryer on my dime.

So I waited there to see who would come back to claim the clothes and when the women came back I confronted her on the theft and she started to want to fight me.

She also admitted that she was in law enforcement! A cop, well I was not going to allow her to treat me the way she was so she wanted to fight. I got her in her face and told her to step back away from me before I lost my cool. My hubby walked in and stpped the almost fight. Then when we were collecting our things she ran down the hall and got other family members to start harassing us.

When I told one of the family members that he and his family would never forget this incident because I never would because IRS agents have the best memories in the world, they said, "you work for the IRS?' I said, yes, I am an auditor!" They looked at each other, turned around and almost ran down the hall.

I hate mean people!

They deserved that IRS comment. Jerks"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be afraid be real afraid of these cruisers all of them

I am just a constant doer and it's in my blood. Kinda of like the depression era folk who spend very little, I must always be doing something. It's my heritage and the way I was raised.

The fight in the laundry happened like this:

Went down and put in a load of stuff in the washer came back 10 minutes early to avoid holding up the washer and waited for my clothes to be finished put in the quarters and started the dryer.

Came back also early about 15 minutes later ( in the attempts to take out the clothes early so I could hang dry the rest of the way, it was a small load only panties and bras) when I returned my items were on the floor and someone elses items were in the dryer on my dime.

So I waited there to see who would come back to claim the clothes and when the women came back I confronted her on the theft and she started to want to fight me.

She also admitted that she was in law enforcement! A cop, well I was not going to allow her to treat me the way she was so she wanted to fight. I got her in her face and told her to step back away from me before I lost my cool. My hubby walked in and stpped the almost fight. Then when we were collecting our things she ran down the hall and got other family members to start harassing us.

When I told one of the family members that he and his family would never forget this incident because I never would because IRS agents have the best memories in the world, they said, "you work for the IRS?':eek: I said, yes, I am an auditor!" They looked at each other, turned around and almost ran down the hall.

I hate mean people!

They deserved that IRS comment. Jerks :D

There are medications and counseling available for people like you.
I do not work for the IRS, I fibbed.
I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

P.S.

I do not work for the IRS, I fibbed.:p

And it is a VERY good thing you do not. ;- ) You would have commited a 1203 violation. Employees of the IRS are not allowed to threaten taxpayers.

I also think it may be against the law to pretend to be an IRS agent. So hopefully no cruise critics work for TIGTA (government type police) ;- )

Glad you were able to resolve things without coming to fisticuffs. ;-)

We went on the Truimph on 11/1/03. I felt really contained on the sailing, I think because it was a 7 day only 3 ports and I am a constant doer.

I also almost got into a fist fight with a lady and her family in the laundry area.

I am going on my second cruise with some different friends this time, that love to party so I am hoping we have a great time.

Did anybody feel this way about thier first cruise. As time past all the little stuff didn't matter and all that started to matter was the beauty of the ocean?

LW

Why would you be in the laundry area to begin with. Bring enough clothes so you don't need to do laundry. If you need some done have Carnival do it. Why people waste valuable vacation time do laundry is beyond me

Why would you be in the laundry area to begin with. Bring enough clothes so you don't need to do laundry. If you need some done have Carnival do it. Why people waste valuable vacation time do laundry is beyond me

Because I can only carry just so much luggage and I look silly in a bib!:p

Wow...I was thinking the EXACT SAME thing!!! Why anyone would want to do laundry on vacation is baffling to me!!! :confused:

And...I'm with the others who say they could stay on the ship for 7-8 days with no ports....love it. :D

When are they going to do a lengthy Cruise to Nowhere?!?! :p

i had a similar situation happen to me at college. i had put my quarters in the dryer and started the laundry up and went back to my room only to come back and find my stuff on the table soaking wet and someone else drying their stuff. i took my stuff to my room, went back and threw the persons laundry out the 3rd floor window. i never found out who did it, and i personally didnt want them to find out who threw their stuff outside. i was considering peeing on it, but i thought the window was the more mature option...haha!

Bottom line is the laundry had to get done....I am sure you do not want me to get into detail why it was a nessecity! I do not normally do laundry on vacation but this was a "SPECIAL" circumstance (bras and panties).

OOh and saying your a cop is also a "violation", obviously she was not. When you are on a ship with that many people you are going to have a high possibility that you will encounter not so nice, rude, mean, evil people.

LW

OOh and saying your a cop is also a "violation", obviously she was not. When you are on a ship with that many people you are going to have a high possibility that you will encounter not so nice, rude, mean, evil people.

LW

Oh, I see, so it was okay for you to impersonate an IRS agent because she pretended to be a cop. Makes sense.

And per your last comment - you are likely to encounter rude, inconsiderate, and difficult people nearly anywhere. But EVIL? Come on, please lay off the hyperbole. I am 33 years old and have only met one person who I would consider even borderline "evil" - and I WAS in the law enforcement field for several years.

I see why you have the attitude then.

I will not apologies for my actions. I stood up for myself when someone was taking advantage of me. Just because you were in "Law Enforcement" doesn't mean that you have the ability say who is evil and who is not.

I stood up for myself, and I do not feel bad about it at all.

Can we move on from the angry comments on this thread now please.

Just because you were in "Law Enforcement" doesn't mean that you have the ability say who is evil and who is not.

I see you missed my point entirely. Using the word "evil" in reference to rude cruise passengers is such hyperbole that it makes pretty much anything you say meaningless.

We make sure to avoid Laundry Rooms. They are such a hassel., never enough machines, and you have to stand and watch your clothes wash and dry or you are guarenteed to find them dumped somewhere and make a new enemy.:D

First plan your clothes so you don't have to wash (especially for seven days).

Second if you have to wash, it worth the cost to have the ship wash a few thing to get you through the final days.

Archived