Breakaway Splash Academy for 9yr old Bermuda

chinacat

I'm considering the Oct 23 BA to Bermuda sailing with my 9 yr old grandson.

Looking for opinions on the kids club. He's been on Carnival Glory and Splendor a few yrs ago and found the kids club to be just ok. Since it would be just the two us traveling I don't want him to be bored (even though I'm a young 64 yr old Grandma).

Thanks for any thoughts

Hi we are traveling on the Breakaway on October 9. NYC schools and surrounding suburbs are off two days that week for Columbus Day and Jewish Holidays. On the October 2nd sailing same thing kids are out for Jewish Holidays for two days that week. Would you consider these sailings? There will be a few more kids on them. We were on the Breakaway last September with my now 10 and 12 year old. They had a blast. They only used the Academy at night after dinner. So much to do on the ship during the day. They really enjoyed their time there. Made new friends etc. They loved the counselors. Again I sailed last year during the Jewish Holidays and there were quite a few kids on board, was very easy for them to make friends. The breakaway is a very kid and family friendly ship. Your grandson should have fun.

My 8yo nephew enjoyed it, but we didn't use it every single day and I think that's important. We would look at planned activities and would make sure he joined the ones he really would like.

Other times we spent time together, we love to find a spot and played cards, Yahtzee, dominos. Of course there's always the pool.

I'd say on a 7 day cruise nepher would have spent 6-8 sessions in kids club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk