Waterslides on the Getaway

SeattleSuz

How busy are the waterslides on the Getaway? I know on DCL, the pools were like kid/people soup, so that was not refreshing at all.

Hubby is excited about the slides, but I am hoping that we aren't waiting in lines for a long time...

I know this sounds really wimpy, but the deck to get on the whip and freefall slides is on deck 16, I believe, but where is the platform for the purple slide? I did not see it on the deck plans.

The steps are on 15 (pool deck), behind the kids pool and splash area. You can see them behind the slide in the pic

i5cbk2.jpg

The queue length fluctuates all the time but yes, it is generally less busy on port days simply because there's fewer people on board.

I would pass by, if the line was 'too long', I just came back in 30 min.

Remember, you have to look up at the stairs to see the real queue.

The drop slides can be rough, I don't know anyone who went more than once. You can wear a shirt but that significantly increase you chances of getting stuck, especially if you on the lighter side. Also, no jewelry or accessories of any kind. I know people who had to remove all visible piercings.

Oh wee! So excited to hear this. We are going at the beginning of November, and will probably have at least two port days where my daughter and i will have a couple of hours on the ship while hubby scuba dives. Glad to know that there is a weight requirement for the drop slides, as my 8 year old is only about 75 pounds...