Cabin Hygiene on QM2

MollyBrown

Has anyone else noticed a strong mildew smell on the cabin shower curtains? I would have thought that the stewards would notice that and clean it. However, I think women often notice bad smells more easily than men (in my experience). I hope they rotate the cabin stewards and stewardesses. All the same, next time I'm bringing a small bottle of bleach.

Actually, I tried to clean the curtain with soap, but it made no difference. I know I should have told the cabin steward. I suppose I didn't because I didn't want to imply the bathroom was less than properly cleaned.

However, this is QM2, and stinky shower curtains are not acceptable (or on any ship or any hotel).

Has anyone else noticed a strong mildew smell on the cabin shower curtains? I think women often notice bad smells more easily than men (in my experience).

Nope! But then I'm a bloke, so if part B of your theory is correct, part A may be also!;)

Peter

I was on the 10.20 crossing and didn't notice any smell coming from the shower curtain. I don't think it would have offended anyone to ask for a new curtain. They want passengers to be happy and if fetching a new curtain achieves that, I'm sure they would have been glad to take care of it.

You're 100% correct, a mildewed curtain isn't acceptable.

-Russ

Archived