Dock in Phillipsburg?

mommy5

On our first cruise in 2003, we were onboard the Golden Princess and docked at Phillipsburg. There were some neat restaurants right there. We walked and shopped down cobblestone streets and then stayed about an hour on a lovely beach area right by the dock. Last year we were on the Oasis and went to a totally different dock. We are headed back on the Serenade next year and would love to go back to the original area. Thoughts?? Just take a taxi? Is the dock gone that was there or do some smaller ships use it? Thanks in advance!

Deb

On our first cruise in 2003, we were onboard the Golden Princess and docked at Phillipsburg. There were some neat restaurants right there. We walked and shopped down cobblestone streets and then stayed about an hour on a lovely beach area right by the dock. Last year we were on the Oasis and went to a totally different dock. We are headed back on the Serenade next year and would love to go back to the original area. Thoughts?? Just take a taxi? Is the dock gone that was there or do some smaller ships use it? Thanks in advance!

Deb

I believe all cruise ships now pull into the (fairly) new A. C. Wathey cruise terminal that you used last year. My 2002 cruise stopping at Philipsburg was on the Norway, which anchored out - so we tendered in to a convenient small pier, so I do not know what the old facility was like.

• 3 weeks later...

The last time that I swam at the beach that you are referring to was in 2006 because in 2007 I learned of the ongoing pollution issues that plague this beach at times. The worst times are after heavy rains but as a cruise visitor you just don't know if that may have occurred close to your port day.