Just home 10/22-10/29 CB Eastern run

Bookworm77

We returned home a few hours ago from the 10/22-10/29 Eastern Caribbean run of the Caribbean Princess. All I can say is INCREDIBLE. As a first time cruiser I can now say I'm totally hooked. I'll be doing a review in the morning... a little tired from the trip from FLL home to VA, and sharing memories with the kids right now.

But we had an EXCELLENT time.

We were on the week before you (Star not CB) and wondered if the next cruisers experienced any rough seas or bad weather from the remnants of Wilma??

I don't know that we experienced any from Wilma. We did have one night earlier in the week that the waves were listed as moderate 4 - 7.5 feet. Last night was even rougher (IMHO), however, I didn't think it was horrid or anything... You don't necessarily feel it really bad, but you are aware the ship is rocking a bit... and more so when the seas are a little rougher. But definitely not anything concerning.

We did see some damage in FLL, however, the port is only a few miles from the airport. The biggest thing was the huge lines at the few gas stations we passed. Street lights were out so police were directing traffic. It also appeared as those a good portion of the city was still without power.

We dined one night with folks from the FLL/Miami areas and they were saying family back home had told them it could be up to the middle of November before full power is back on.

Chuck, we saw a good amount of coral in St. Martin on our snorkeling adventure. Tho, until that morning I don't know that I could have identified any!! It was awesome to see so much of nature in it's own environment.

Archived