Jewels Of the Windward Islands

Stuboy

For those that have seen me asking about a lot of different things, I apologize but we can't make up our minds. W:confused are looking again at the Jewels itinerary on the Star. We are not big beach people or snorklers. Those that have taken this cruise, do you think that there is enough to do on these various islands that will make this enjoyable for us? Bequia, Mayreau and Tobago Cays look beautiful but just not sure. We like the idea of being on the Star which is why we are looking at this. Thanks again for your comments.:confused:

There are some catamaran excursions, if you like being out on the water and viewing scenery. There are also little towns to walk around, or inland national parks on at least one island. There was a nice cultural and cave excursion on Barbados the final day.

Personally, though, I can't imagine doing the Caribbean if I didn't want to snorkel and go to the beach (where I could use the paddleboards that Windstar provided). To each his/her own, though.

Mayreau is the beach barbecue day. The town only has around 300 people. You can walk the town other than taking breaks going up the huge hill in a few minutes. Tobago cays the ship anchored so people could take excursions, I don't think we were actually anchored in a harbor where one could go ashore. Grenada was probably the only port with a lot of non beach activities. I loved this cruise but I am a beach and snorkel person...

Thanks Azevedan. We live in South Florida so the beach and the normal Caribbean is nothing special for us. We do like to see new places though and experience different cultures so just want to make sure that even after 1 or 2 times to the beaches, we will have some other things to see and experience.