Port Canaveral hotel

gypsyrose

I know everyone recommends Radisson. I really don't want to spend that much $$. We probably will not be there until after 3pm so we will not have time for the beach or pool. Want something clean but inexpensive. We plan on renting a car. TIA:)

We stayed at the Comfprt Inn and Suites last year. I think it cost about $85.00 for the cruise parking and shuttle plan. If you book here, ask to be put in the newer units. This is an older motor court with a newer building built around it. The beach is about a block away and it is next door to Ron Jon's Surf Shop.

There is the new Ron Jon's resort. I heard the prices are good. And there was one we saw that looked interesting. It was called the Fawlty Towers and it was every shade of pink imaginable! They offer some really good rates and even have kitchenettes. It's also close to the beach.

Some of the others I've heard mentioned is the Holiday Inn and Best Western on the Beach. I know both hotels had hurricane damage from last year but I'm sure they are open now.

You might also check tripadvisor.com for hotels in Cocoa Beach. If you see some good reviews about a hotel, check out the hotel webpage for prices.:)

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at the hilton cocoa beach at around 80.00 last january and it is very nice. was just renovated because of a 2004 hurricana. its on the beach also and national rent a car is at the hotel across the street to drop the car of and hiltons shuttle will take you to the port. you cant get better than that.

I have called just about every hotel in Cocoa. I guess the rates are higher the time of year I am going versus when you guys got a place for $80. I would love $80. The cheapest I found was the Days Inn for $95 or Best western for $105. Has anyone stayed at either? I looked into Priceline but the whole bidding thing and not being able to cancel really turned me off. I am not trying to be cheap, but we won't be at the hotel much and I would rather have more $ on the ship:)

We have stayed at both the Day's Inn (I got a cheaper rate by calling them directly ... I tried that again the next time and the rates were the same as the internet prices) and the Radisson. Both were fine for us for just an overnight. Our rooms in both were just adequate.

Personally, we liked the location of the Day's Inn better. It is very near the Cocoa Beach Pier http://www.cocoabeachpier.com/ and we love the "beach rustic" atmosphere (with a live band) of the pier bar (although the Pier is much smaller than we were expecting!) It really got us feeling in the cruise vacation mood!!!!! There are a number of restaurants, shops and grocery stores nearby.

I know you don't expect to arrive early enough to take advantage of it, but, the Radisson has a great pool. In April it should be much warmer and you will be able to use it. Their public areas are very nice too. We just didn't think their rooms were up to par and that was all we were looking for precruise so it wasn't worth the price to us.

The Day's Inn has a small pool and a short walk across a parking lot to the beach.

We were at each in the fall/winter and it was too cold to use the pool or take a dip in the ocean.

The Budget (great price using a discount code...ask me if you are interested) rental return is closer to the Radisson, but, it doesn't really matter. You drive your rental car there and they shuttle you to the Port (free).

Have you checked out this summary of the area hotels?http://www.dcltribute.com/lodging/

Also here is a search of Hotwire deals for your dates (I think) . While you won't know what hotel, at least you can control the price.

http://www.hotwire.com/hotel/details.jsp?lid=hotel/results.jsp:booking-result:loc:1:hotelDetail&solutionId=10306649468

We will be staying in Cocoa Beach, precruise, in a few weeks and I am deciding where to stay, this time, as we speak. If I discover anything interesting I will let you know!

Enjoy the Glory!

Nancy...Thank you sooooooooooo much:) You were a wealth of info. I am the worlds worst at making decisions sometimes. I have gotten the info just can't decide which to pick. Oh well:rolleyes: We are planning on renting a car. Have not even started looking into that. I am very interested in your discount for budget. We will only need the car for 1 day, returning the next am on way to our ship:D Let me know where you guys choose to stay. And thanks again

Yes, it was the best western oceanfront. There are two sections to the hotel - the newer tower on the beach and the older buildings behind it. We stayed in one of the older buildings The location was good - there's a Publix across the street and plenty of restaurants nearby. It's at most two miles from the port.

I had looked for a cheap place with the shuttle option and this was by far the best deal.

Gypsy, you are welcome!

We have rented (Budget) a car for 1 day pre-cruise. We think it is cheap and you have the car at your disposal. To get a discount we check into all our memberships... Costco, AAA, AARP, etc. Each of them offer a code to use for a discount. The discounts can vary, just pick the one you like best. Reserve your car using the discount code.

There are just two of us, so, using our Costco code we rented a four door Toyota Camry for a total of $24.46.

We joined their Fastbreak Program https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/profile/fastbreak.ex

and it was great. We did not have to stand in line at the counter in the airport, we just walked outside and across the drive. Their cars are in the garage. They have a booth there where you show your license, get your keys and walk down the row to your car. EASY!

On the way back we use Art's Shuttle: http://www.artsshuttle.com/ . They pick you up right at the port. They use minivans and it will just be you or maybe one other party. It is much easier/faster/more pleasant than using the bus. You don't have to wait for the bus to fill up and the cost is about the same. It's is almost like having a limo pick you up! Off course, they drop you right off at your airport terminal.

It costs a little more than the rental car, but, we feel it is just much easier than gathering our luggage, catching the rental shuttle, unloading the luggage, reloading the luggage into the car and driving to the airport. Reentry into the real world is hard enough!!!!

If you have any questions about this, I would be glad to try to answer them

Nancy, sorry to sound so dumb. The only membership we have is AARP and have never really used it. Do I just call and ask them for a discount code? Thanks for all your help:)

Also, I started to join the fast break program and it wanted my credit card info. I am always leary of that especially since I was not buying anything. Why do they need credit card????

Gypsyrose, the reason why the FastBreak asks for your credit card is so that you don't have to stand in line and register when you pick up your rental car. Just get in the car and go! They'll already have your payment info on file with FastBreak.

I just booked at LaQuinta Cocoa Beach. The rate is $89 (2 double beds, AARP rate). It appears to be a basic place to stay, nothing fancy but we won't get there until about 5 or 6pm so won't have that long to stay. If anyone has stayed here could you please share with me if there are good restaurants close by or a grocery store? Thanks very much.

We're staying at the Days Inn the night before our 12/3 Glory sailing. We aren't scheduled to get into MLB until 7:51, so, we just want clean bed and a hot shower. Of course, if it's nice a walk on the beach under the stars will be a great way to get from the airport frame of mind into the cruise frame of mind......

A question just came to mind - is there any place close to buy a bottle of wine and some pepsi Sat AM before we board the ship? I don't want to have to deal with the luggage weight issue for the plane if I can avoid it....

Blythe,

WE just stayed at the La Quinta in October. Pierre at the front desk is very nice. The is a Walgreens and CSV pharmacy just north a few blocks (across from Ron Jons) Between there and the hotel are 2 different grocery stores. If you go the Hwy 520 and head west across the causeway, there is a Wal-Mart before you get back to the mainland. We found almost everything we needed.

If you head southon A1A to 2nd street there is a wonderful restaurant called Bernards Surf/Fischers Bar & Grill. Its actually two restaurants but they share the building and restrooms. Pretty good food and not too expensive.

I was able to get the hilton in Cocoa beach for $73 a night (mid week in december) using clicktravel. They are supposed to be done with construction I believe. They have a shuttle to the port (and have a park/sail program) and around the local area. They also rent surfboards and boogie boards. :D http://www.hiltoncocoabeach.com/

Kadeycat, thanks for the info. We won't have a car so will just want to walk to the grocery store and whatever restaurant is handy. Is Bernards within walking distance?

Suznf, you were fortunate to get the Hilton for such a good price. I checked with them for January and it was much higher. Anyway, I think LaQuinta will meet our needs for the brief time we will be there.

Archived