Oceania fan considering Monaco Grand Prix Windstar

chelseabelsea

Hi everyone, we LOVE the Oceania product, love both the R ships as well as bigger ships. We are cos idea ing a Monaco Grand Prix 2017 cruise with Windstar since this type of cruise is not offered by O. Has anyone here tied Windstar Star Breeze (or sister ships) ? Did you enjoy the experience?

Many thanks....

We have cruised with Windstar several times, and cruised on the Star Pride a couple years ago. As you know, the Star ships are former Seabourn ships. So all the cabins are suites; quite large and nice. Unlike O ships, there are no real balcony cabins and most all cabins are the same size; don't waste your money on a 'balcony". There is no selection of restaurants, but the food is generally quite good (though not as good as Oceania). The service is generally better than Oceania IMHO, and the crew is much friendlier. We enjoy the open bridge and interaction with the ship's officers -as past guests we were invited to dine with them several times. Because the Star's are such small ships, it's easier to meet and hang out with other guests. And the Star ships, like other Windstar ships, have the sports platform. Not much of a plus in Monte Carlo, but lovely in beachy ports.

The Star Pride had been very recently 'refurbished' when we cruised. While the cabin was nice, the rest of the ship was not. I posted a review, and to Windstar's credit, it appears many of the problems I and others complained about have been corrected on the other Star ships as they were refurbished. I'm considering Star Legend in the Caribbean this winter since I've been convinced that they've done some creative remodeling. And I can't imagine cruising the Caribbean without a sports platform!

Thank you so much for this info- I feel better about booking. I was concerned because Star Breeze had a couple/few really bad reviews. May I ask, since you've been on Windstar, is there a way to make evening dining reservations in their outdoors restaurant ahead of the cruise? Thanks SO much!