Arcadia and young adults

catperson02

Perusing the 2018 offerings I am considering a Med cruise on Arcadia. My daughters will be 18 and 20 when we sail. They are not big party animals (well not at the moment but in 2 years it's anyone's guess). We have so far only sailed on Azura which they loved.

Would they feel like a fish out of water on Arcadia? The cruise will be in late july if that makes any difference as although they will both have left school I won't! The prospect of no children is tempting for me as no chance of a cry of "hello miss" as I am relaxing in the sun but if it is not suitable for my daughters then I will have to rethink. Of course until I can find confirmed term dates for 2018 then this may all be academic.

Any advice would be most welcome

We sail regularly on Arcadia and Oriana and they are both very different ships during July and August.

There is a much livelier clientele on board and although nothing like Azura and Ventura they do cater for the younger age group on board. The bars are busier at night and the disco has more than just the young officers in there.

Sue

This is one of those questions where you will probably get lots of differing views. I would say it might be ok if it's not too long and not too many sea days. Arcadia does attract an older population and I think I might hesitate and see if there is an alternative on another ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would agree with Florry. We are just off Arcadia's baltic cruise where you would expect the majority of pax to be elderly.

Yes there were quite a few, but I was pleasantly surprised at the number of younger people on board.

I felt that there was not too much to entertain and that might not appeal to a younger person.

IMHO I do not think Arcadia would suit a young party loving adult.

My friend and I are in our mid 30s and certainly felt like we were dragging the average age down considerably when we were on Arcadia last year, even to the point that some fellow passengers that we got chatting to whilst waiting for a HOHO boat in Stockholm initially assumed that we were crew members!! I've nothing against being on an adults only cruise and we meet some lovely people but it was nice to mix with people of our own age again once we got home!

Perusing the 2018 offerings I am considering a Med cruise on Arcadia. My daughters will be 18 and 20 when we sail. They are not big party animals (well not at the moment but in 2 years it's anyone's guess). We have so far only sailed on Azura which they loved.

Would they feel like a fish out of water on Arcadia? The cruise will be in late july if that makes any difference as although they will both have left school I won't! The prospect of no children is tempting for me as no chance of a cry of "hello miss" as I am relaxing in the sun but if it is not suitable for my daughters then I will have to rethink. Of course until I can find confirmed term dates for 2018 then this may all be academic.

Any advice would be most welcome

Hi

We did a canaries cruise on Arcadia last year and having cruised on Oceana,oriana,Ventura,aurora many times it was an eye opener when we got onboard Arcadia.i'm not saying that the clientele onboard were very old but we are in our late 50's and we were the children!

The sea days were not that good as there did not seem to be much imagination used to organise the time onboard but every morning at 10.30am you could go to the knitting and natter group if you so wished lol.

Personally,I would think that a ship in the Azura/Ventura class would be more suitable.

Karen & Rob

Thank you for all your advice. It appears that this may not be the cruise for us. Even if the arcadia was suitable for my daughters it looks like I will not have broken up in time. Mind you there are 2 cruises which are billed as school holiday cruises which sail the same weekend which both sail while the schools in our county are still at school!

I am just left with one option - Britannia which will get us back in time for my youngest daughters A level results and this visits ports which we have been to before. I may have to step out of my comfort zone and look at another cruise line.