Conquest - Room confusion

Kittybork

We are booked on the Conquest for 12/18. We booked an 8A cabin (she said Riviera Deck) with the possibility of an upgrade. From what we can see, there are no balcony rooms on the Riviera Deck.

Questions:

Is it better to book a room with a guaranteed spot or wait and hope for an upgrade? If you do book a certain room, how do you know what to ask for?

Actually 8A's are on the upper deck, there are no balconys on the riveria deck.

If you aren't worried about being above the Disco or at the very front of the ship then book guarantee.

If you want to be on a quiet deck (Empress for example) and in the middle of the ship for example then I suggest booking a specific room.

Just booked my guarantee for 8A on the conquest. My DH really wanted to book 3 decks up on the lido, but the price difference was $180 pp!!! We're just going to take a gamble and see what we get. This will be our 2nd cruise-our first was on the Holiday and we booked with a oceanview guarantee and got upgraded to the 3rd deck of the ship. We dodn't find out our room assignment until the day of the cruise, however. The rep I just spoke to told us that assignments for guar. cabins are done anywhere from 2 weeks before to the day of sailing.

To us, any room is fine-we hardly stay in the room anyways (only to sleep, and by the time we go to bed, we are worn out anyways and will sleep through anything, so noise realy isn't an issue for us). If you want to book a particular room-just give them a room number and have them see if it is available. People on this board are a great source of info to let you know what rooms are the better ones.

The assignments are made a good bit earlier than that. I booked at 60 days out, and within 10 days they assigned me a room. It would have cost $300 or so extra to book a specific oceanview stateroom on the Main Deck, so we went with a guarantee and were assigned a room on the spa deck (which is deck 11, I think) - so we made out REALLY well. To book on the spa deck directly would have cost at least $600 more.

Archived